Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's as if the stock won't budge until they have demonstrated earnings. Good news seems to be meaningless. What gives?

So it appears. Only hard figures will convince the bystanders. IMO Tesla must demonstrate two or three consecutive quarters with positive cash result, plus an outlook that doesn't include obstacles to prolong that, e.g. "Tesla will not run out of cash/reservation holders/enthusiasts/lithium/17 inch touch screens/etc."

Hi Cali. Nope. Reporters do only cursory research for ANY of their articles. There's nothing special about reporting on Tesla. Most news articles get at least half their facts wrong. "News" isn't news any more. It's entertainment. And the objective is not to educate, it's to sell advertising space.

OTOH, the public is reading all those positive reviews, and Tesla is getting known. As I've commented elsewhere, more and more people recognize my Roadster, and Lotus owners are complaining that people think their Lotus are Teslas. This will translate to sales. There will be no sudden spike in TSLA share price, but it will be ten to twenty percent higher in a year to a year and a half.

Note that when I bought my Prius, the Toyota dealers knew nothing about the car, and when I visited the local Chevy dealer to see the Volt, out of curiosity, the sales staff didn't even understand how it works. They categorically denied that parallel mode exists. Ignorance is the rule, not the exception, in all facets of life.

TESLA will go up, but you'll have to have patience, because the only news that will affect share price is number of units actually produced and sold, and profits in the bank.

JP is a joke. I think Elon must have insulted his honor in a previous life or something. So he's trying to get revenge. You know what they say...those who live in Swiss castles shouldn't throw stones. I may have that saying wrong:smile:

My new theory on JP is that he specifically picks Tesla to bash because he's guaranteed a high hit rate when he does that. Same with some other bloggers. I've read things where I know they know better - and can only assume they do it because they enjoy the plethora of comments that are guaranteed to follow.

Ignoring them all would be the most effective thing we could do - but it's too hard to resist. :)

Lots of misinformation here, surprisingly not from John Petersen. Why Selling Tesla Shares Makes Sense As The Model S Is Launched - Seeking Alpha
If the people who wrote investment advice knew what they were talking about, they'd be investing rather than writing, and so rich they could afford to have much more fun with their time than writing advice for people gullible enough to pay attention to them.

This applies to everyone who writes investment advice, regardless of which companies they like or dislike. You don't see Warren Buffett telling people which stocks to buy, sell, or short.

Of course, there are people who try to convince others to buy a stock they want to sell, or sell a stock they want to buy. Listening to them is even more foolish than listening to the "honest" ignoramuses who really think they're giving good advice.

There is almost a correlation now between poorly argued negative articles and stock price. It seems that the negative propaganda type articles attract quite a few well argued refutations and the comments have more of a positive effect than the articles intended negative impact.

http://www.altenergystocks.com/arch...ies_and_tales_from_the_valley_of_death_1.html

JP with his favorite charts and graphs

Over the last several months I've become increasingly vocal about the risks Tesla Motors (
TSLA
) faces as it launches its first credible consumer product and begins a long and arduous trek through the Valley of Death. Adherents and advocates are certain that I don't understand the dream. Truth is I understand the dream perfectly but I know that no company can overfly the Valley of Death on the wings of a dragon. The only way through the valley is on foot in sweltering heat.

We are standing on the precipice of the chasm. This has not even begun.

Crossing-the-chasm.gif

sez Seeking author:

"My love affair with Tesla came to an end just like when you realize the pretty girl you're on a date with is simply agreeing with everything your saying and doesn't have anything that makes her tick. "

Actually I think that girl realized he was a loser and ditched him first. He's still hurting about that.:wink:

Same old bullish*t, different day. The guy harps on Tesla's inability to be profitable and yet we all know that they would have been profitable if all they were doing was making power trains for other car makers and the Roadster. The reason for the debt is the R&D behind Model S along with equipping the factory to make Model S.

Seekingalpha is the TMZ of the investment world... don't read too much into it.