Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annual Service - is the "hardware upgrade" dream finally dead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a) HV Battery

Heh.. I think you can understand why they would refuse to replace the traction pack under the service contract.

b) So your DS said you are free to bring it in once a year regardless of miles or did he use the language "12,000 or once a year, which ever comes first"? If the latter then they are both incorrect. Shoot an email off to ownership and they will give you the ammo by telling you the mileage requirement has been waived. As someone mentioned up thread, they are only enforcing the calendar intervals.

That wasn't the point. The point was "When does the clock start?".. Does the mileage start at 8k miles when I bought the car, or does it start at Zero miles? The clock starts at 8k for the factory warrantee. The delivery guy told me the service plan inspection clock starts at Zero miles, so I have to bring it in at/around 12k miles. The service guy said 20k. This was a few months ago, so I don't know when the mileage requirement was lifted.