Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way back down the Blue Mountains today I noticed there's finally some action on the Hazelbrook Amp-charge setup.

Some pretty major electrical infrastructure upgrades required too...
Yesterday they were working in the cabinets pictured.
Today they were running a heavy line up to the roof for the associated solar and an excavator was working down near the substation (you can just see it in the picture)

It's not really obvious so far exactly where the chargers are going to go.

20230824_124705.jpg

20230824_124715.jpg

Has anyone gotten AutoCharge working with Ampol yet?

I set it up at Pheasants Nest the other day.
Wouldn't let me force it, but a minute later while charging popped up with a do I want to set it up, and required a confirmation button and an email address.

When I look at Settings - AutoCharge it has recorded a VID for my car (only shows last 4 digits) but none relate to my Tesla VIN.

But trying to see if it worked later in the day, nothing happened so just selected the charger as normal (note at Pheasants Nest you don't have to scan the barcode, the number is written in somewhat small font underneath)

No issues with it. Currently limited to 150kW but lots of Tesla's have gone close.
Only issue would be no preconditioning like other third party chargers.

Also the Southbound site in particular is very busy as only about 1/3 of the parking is open (they are building the remainder on the site if the demolished old petrol station) so at the moment cars and trucks are parked everywhere.

ICEing doesn't seem much of an issue as the EV chargers are very distinct.

On the way back down the Blue Mountains today I noticed there's finally some action on the Hazelbrook Amp-charge setup.

Some pretty major electrical infrastructure upgrades required too...
Yesterday they were working in the cabinets pictured.
Today they were running a heavy line up to the roof for the associated solar and an excavator was working down near the substation (you can just see it in the picture)

It's not really obvious so far exactly where the chargers are going to go.

View attachment 967768

A quick update on this one....

I was coming past this install the other day and while there is no sign of actual chargers yet there are now two bollards and two signs on posts wrapped in plastic roughly where this temporary fence is.

This suggests the chargers will be located in the area behind the fence in front of the service cabinets.

Sorry, didn't stop to take pictures...

Heading over the Blue Mountains today I noticed that the Ampol at Hazelbrook appears to have a delivery with ABB on the side of the box. :D

I'll try and stop in on the way home in a couple of days and see what progress has been made...

A bit disappointed (I didn't actually stop), it's been installed now but just wrapped up tightly in a blue tarp, a bit like a vertical mummy....

I wonder how much longer until it's commissioned?

It will be nice to have another option on the Blue Mountains as there are currently only 2 DC options (Tesla @ Blaxland & Evie (2x50kW) @ Lawson) and they're both on the outward bound side of the highway, unlike the Ampol one on the homeward bound side...

Reactions: dronus
It will be nice to have another option on the Blue Mountains as there are currently only 2 DC options (Tesla @ Blaxland & Evie (2x50kW) @ Lawson) and they're both on the outward bound side of the highway, unlike the Ampol one on the homeward bound side...
I've stopped at the Blaxland Supercharger heading towards Sydney and didn't find it to be a problem - there's a set of traffic lights right there to exit and enter the highway either direction.