Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And from Google - they have their priorities right.
(That's Oliver's - coming soon, same chain as at Gundagai Superchargers)

Screenshot_20230710-112430.png

Photo on FB by AttCall Civil showing the changes at Ampol Pheasants Nest Southbound.
(The old station is centred on the top pic, and too the right on the bottom)

Ah - I didn’t realise they built a completely new servo there. That means the motorway underpass comes out opposite the exit of the old station (off the right of the second photo). So I now understand the hesitation in driving ‘against the grain’ to enter the new servo.

Even when charging is built Northbound, it would be good to be able to safely drive to the other side and use the Southbound ones and vice versa. Because traffic along the M5 is mostly in one direction on the weekends - southbound on Fri/Sat and northbound on Sun, so when one set of chargers is fully occupied the other probably is not occupied at all.

Depending on what they do to the old Southbound site, it might solve the problem.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999 and Hairyman
Ah - I didn’t realise they built a completely new servo there. That means the motorway underpass comes out opposite the exit of the old station (off the right of the second photo). So I now understand the hesitation in driving ‘against the grain’ to enter the new servo.
The site plans...

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/7113018/

...are a bit tricky to piece together. But given Hungry Jacks restaurants can never park enough cars quickly enough to keep their drive-thru wait time KPIs artificially low, they can't possibly make do with just the waiting bays on the plans. You can guarantee there will be some way for cars leaving the new drive-thru to loop back to the main car park in front of the centre. If I'm right, we can just use the same contra-flow access on holiday long weekends :)

• Funny
Reactions: OzVic and Vostok
Police and rangers do not have power to write infringement notices to illegally parked vehicles on private property. Police can only be involved if vehicle in question is parked in a way which block traffic or a danger.
I don't think this is the case.

There's enough news reports of police fining unlocked cars at service stations - is 'unlocked' considered a danger to you?
(Road Rule 213)

Or that Road Rule 300 was amended in November 2019 in NSW - Paying with your phone in a drive-through is an offence except in NSW But is still illegal in other states. Not that there are many examples of Road Rule 300 being enforced at Maccas or KFC - just plenty of warning articles.

I'm sure police could enforce Road Rule 203B and Road Rule 203C wherever they apply - ie road related areas.

Reactions: Vostok
There's enough news reports of police fining unlocked cars at service stations
Thanks. Unlocked car not cars. Multiple news report of 1 unlocked car.
The story also does not add up. I suspect the police had him in their sights before he got into servo if the one minute buying a pie is to be believed.

Using mobile phone with engine running and transmission in D is considered unsafe

I have yet to see council rangers patrolling shopping centre car parks for people illegally parked in disabled car parks

Thanks. Unlocked car not cars. Multiple news report of 1 unlocked car.
The story also does not add up. I suspect the police had him in their sights before he got into servo if the one minute buying a pie is to be believed.
Not sure why you think it doesn't add up - if you break Road Rule 213 (eg a service station forecourt), then Police can enforce the road rules.
No different to if your Tesla was plugged in at AmpCharge Pheasants Nest, left it unlocked and you went inside to bathroom or buy a pie - you're breaking Road Rule 213 and Police could issue an infringement accordingly.

Using mobile phone with engine running and transmission in D is considered unsafe
Only in every other state other than NSW - it's just legislation that needs to be updated to go with the times (I'm sure when Road Rule 300 was created there was no such thing as Google Pay, or barcodes for parking stations). But technically Police can enforce Road Rule 300 if you get your phone out to pay at the KFC drive through, or leaving a paid carpark.

I have yet to see council rangers patrolling shopping centre car parks for people illegally parked in disabled car parks
You need to join more local Facebook groups ;)

I believe in some cases rangers aren't enforcing Road Rule 203 (Stopping in a parking area for people with disabilities) specifically, but Section 650 of the Local Government Act 1993 - as you can see in this PDF from December 2021 (pre 203B and 203C) https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-09/demerits-parking.pdf - Road Rule 203 (at least enforced by police) carried a $587 fine and 1 demerit point.
Section 650 of the Local Gov't Act (enforced by council rangers) carried the same $587 fine and 1 demerit point.

Same effective penalty, but issued under different acts.

However, no equivalent of 203B or 203C in section 650 last time I looked.

Last edited: