Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amount due at delivery for leasing way too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, my pickup is scheduled for tomorrow, but they only let me review in the last 24h, and I got hit with a deal breaking surprise, during the leasing setup they set the down payment to $2900 or something, I though it would be around $4k or $5k top at signing with some others fees, but to my surprises the "Amount due at delivery" was almost $14000, way above my expectations, so I found out that this amount is about:
HOW THE AMOUNT DUE AT LEASE SIGNING OR DELIVERY WILL BE PAID:

(1) Net Trade-in Allowance (if positive) $0.00

(2) Rebates and Noncash Credits $7,500.00

(3) Amount to be Paid in Cash $2,981.38

(4) MA MOR-EV $3,500.00

Total: 13,981.38

This amount wasn't shown in any way until 24h of the delivery, or maybe was in a misleading way or in a way I wasn't smart enough to understand.

I'm really sorry if my questions seens dumb but I really don't understand this things, I have to pay $2981 in cash, and $11000 in some other way tomorrow?

The #2 and #4 items look like credits, not amounts you have to pay...Maybe they're saying you have to sign over those rebates or credits so you don't get them later...?
+1

OP based on what you posted, the part of the "amount due at signing " (sometimes also referred to as "drive offs") that YOU need to come up with out of your pocket / bank account, etc, is $2981.38. items 2 and 4 ($7500, and what appears to be some Local / State rebate) are being credited against your lease as a cap cost reduction but they are not something you would be writing a check for.

during the leasing setup they set the down payment to $2900 or something,
Its $2981.38, so it matches what you said here.

What everyone said here. But you should also text your SA for clarity…
Thanks everyone after what you guys said I was checking the app and it seens that you all are right, I spend the whole day in the clouds because everything was going fine, and in the end of they day was hit with that, made me question my judgment, but it seens everything is fine
IMG_0196.jpeg

That whole amount sums up here so I hope everything will be alright.
I'll call them tomorrow morning just to make sure but I hope by this time tomorrow I have joined the "club"!

Thanks again!