Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wants amber turn signals on their Model S?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One significant problem with rear amber turn signal lights is that when people turn on their emergency flasher you can't tell the difference between the front and rear of the car. This is particularly a problem on two lane roads in heavy rain when some drivers use their flashers to indicate they are going slowly. The other problem the bright amber flashes 'hide' brakes lights.

You can tell the difference if the car is braking / slowing / stopped (which is the only time it really matters) by the visible brake lights. Even if the red brake lights near the indicators are not visible between indicator flashes (which they are, imho), you still have the big central red brake light. You've also got white lights (daytime running lights, side lights, headlights, etc) on the front to show a car facing you.

To me, red indicators always look like a broken flickering brake light bulb - but I guess I was just brought up in countries with amber indicators.