Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon recommendations for cordless tire pump?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for a cordless tire pump on Amazon for my wife's 2018 Tesla Model 3?
(Her Tesla has a slow leak and I am way tired of having to drag out my compressor to bring up the tire pressure)
This is one busy lady and getting her to make a service appointment is way beyond my husbandly skills!

I got the highly hyped Fanttik X8 APEX cordless tire inflator. I'm very happy with it. The usb charging is very convenient. OTOH, you might be able to get something just as good for about half the price.

I got a 20" extension hose which lets it lie flat on the ground regardless of the position of the tire valve. I leave the hose and the extension plugged in (with a little loctite) for added convenience. This all fits inside the included bag. I store it in the car half charged for battery longevity. I charge it up full before adding air to all four tires in the Autumn. It weighs over 2 lbs so the claimed 7800 mAh might be real. OTOH I think 40 minutes of run time is overly optimistic. There is a little pouch in the bag which is handy for spare tire valve caps.

Reactions: CDrury
Upvote 0
I have this one..Ryobi Portable Power Inflator for Tires [NEW DIGITAL GAUGE] [18-Volt] [Cordless] [ONE+ Battery system] [P737D]

Attachments

• 1671593253847.png
    1671593253847.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 194
Reactions: andy.connor.e
Upvote 0
If you already have DeWalt 20V tools, I recommend this one:

It's a bit pricey, but it's faster and quieter than the husky corded pump it replaced. It also had an inflator for things like air mattresses built in. Since it doesn't come with the battery and charger, it may not be a good value of you don't already have them. I have a collection of DeWalt 20v told so this was a great fit for me.

Reactions: SalisburySam
Upvote 0
I have a Model 3 and bought this one from Amazon. Reasonable price. Nice features like LED light, lit display, storage bag, various tips. Has auto shut off when selected pressure is reached and overheat protection, meets Amp specs for the car. Been using since 2020 for my Model 3 and husband’s Model S. Works great and handy to keep stored in the lower trunk (as with any 12V DC product do remember to start your car before plugging the compressor in the low voltage power socket and starting it).

EAPro 12V DC tire inflator

Bought after husband was on highway and tire picked up a nail and tire had a decent leak driving and he needed to quickly find a tire repair shop before running on rims. Had to stop a number of times to get air at various gas stations along the way before reaching a repair shop. Despite image that a gas station with air is on every corner, it’s not. Would have been convenient to have had the one I bought in his trunk when he had this happen. Anyway prompted my purchase after this happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: treker
Upvote 0
I have a Model 3 and bought this one from Amazon. Reasonable price. Nice features like LED light, lit display, storage bag, various tips. Has auto shut off when selected pressure is reached and overheat protection, meets Amp specs for the car. Been using since 2020 for my Model 3 and husband’s Model S. Works great and handy to keep stored in the lower trunk (as with any 12V DC product do remember to start your car before plugging the compressor in the low voltage power socket and starting it).

EAPro 12V DC tire inflator

Bought after husband was on highway and tire picked up a nail and tire had a decent leak driving and he needed to quickly find a tire repair shop before running on rims. Had to stop a number of times to get air at various gas stations along the way before reaching a repair shop. Despite image that a gas station with air is on every corner, it’s not. Would have been convenient to have had the one I bought in his trunk when he had this happen. Anyway prompted my purchase after this happened.
That’s EPAuto btw not EAPro 🙄

Upvote 0