Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called my store and had them go over my info, and sure enough... a "d" was punched in where a "t" should have gone in my email address. No biggie, as it was rather noisy at the store when the info was being collected.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
ok
I voiced the concern and if you read the post's i made, i did in fact call. It took 3 phone calls(no email after 84 hours) but was finally straightned out (mistake on their end no details needed). I did say in all my posts about the situation that it wasn't that big of a deal. You can save the lecture for someone else as i've been around the car world for a long long time and "you don't need to concern yourself with shuddering" lol. The thread was started for what people should expect in the reservation process and isn't the basic premise for why forums exist is to share info? mine was certainly different from others and if you don't understand that...oh well.
The two cars ordered are for the wife/daughter
thanks enjoy your week

You made "3 phone calls" yet you just noted that you left a first message *yesterday*, and that was a day after posting asking how you can cancel... c'mon, let's stop changing the story here.

Indeed it was created for that purpose, and if you had simply made an observation that you were concerned you hadn't received an e-mail, I would have been fine with it. I didn't feel that it was a reasonable response to make a post that effectively complained that you hadn't received an e-mail within a day and that you were canceling because of that, without even calling Tesla in the first place. If you did call Tesla, then you'd obviously know how to cancel, because they can and do handle that on the phone daily.

Many of the people on this forum have "been around the car world for a long long time" too, no need to attack me personally.

My best to you too.

• Disagree
Reactions: BOOMER7 and EXOTIC1
Still waiting for something here. Order placed March 31 9:10am PST.

Emailed support and they said to keep waiting...

Sorry to hear that.
I'm in the same boat,
No Email
No Reservation Number in My Tesla.
CC Charged

Reserved 3/31 about 12pm in Pasadena.
Pasadena store says to keep waiting.

What store were you?
Is Pasadena the slowest store?

I don't see how I can have appropriate placement in the que, if my reservation takes this long to confirm.
Seems like 200K are ahead of me.

Sorry to hear that.
I'm in the same boat,
No Email
CC Charged

I would not listen to the store and instead would call Tesla's 877 number to confirm that your reservation existed. Let them know you haven't seen any confirmation yet, but that the credit card has posted. If your e-mail was mangled in the form it wouldn't register.

Providing an update: Turns out the sales attendant in the store put my email in incorrectly. I called the sales department for Tesla and they straightened it out immediately. Received the email and the MyTesla page shows all the information. Standard wait time is 24 hours for the email as per the automated message, but if you've waited as long as I have, perhaps try giving them a call. They were very nice and helpful over the phone.

Sorry to hear that.
I'm in the same boat,
No Email
CC Charged

What store were you?

I don't see how I can have appropriate placement in the que, if my reservation takes this long to confirm.

Call the national sales number listed on the website and tell them you're still waiting. My situation was exactly the same as yours. They took down my info, said they would look into it, and 30 minutes later I had my reservation email and it showed up in My Tesla, with a reservation date of 3/31.

Your spot is there, but at this point it's very likely your email address was entered wrong and no amount of additional waiting is going to fix it.

• Helpful
Sorry to hear that.
I'm in the same boat,
No Email
CC Charged

What store were you?

Santa Barbara. The latest update is that they claim the G in gmail was missing on the email address so thats why i didnt get the update. They said they would correct it yesterday morning. Still no confirmation email or MyTesla update...

• Helpful
Call the national sales number listed on the website and tell them you're still waiting. My situation was exactly the same as yours. They took down my info, said they would look into it, and 30 minutes later I had my reservation email and it showed up in My Tesla, with a reservation date of 3/31.

Your spot is there, but at this point it's very likely your email address was entered wrong and no amount of additional waiting is going to fix it.

Santa Barbara. The latest update is that they claim the G in gmail was missing on the email address so thats why i didnt get the update. They said they would correct it yesterday morning. Still no confirmation email or MyTesla update...

Called National Sales, Email entered wrong, in my case too.
They claim it is fixed and sent me a screen shot of my reservation (showing correct email and UN).

However, unlike ucmndd and exactly like Kbra, I did not get an official email or anything showing in "My Tesla".

Would someone mind posting a screen-shot of the a reservation in "My Tesla"?
That would help me know what I should be looking for.

It should look something like the attached.

Attachments

• mytesla.png
    mytesla.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 64
Anyone stressing about an email: How will you possibly hold up over the next 2+ years? They are sure to include huge amounts of uncertainty, truth changing, and rumor.

If your card was charged assume you have a reservation.

Lighten up, Francis.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kbra
Anyone stressing about an email: How will you possibly hold up over the next 2+ years? They are sure to include huge amounts of uncertainty, truth changing, and rumor.

If your card was charged assume you have a reservation.

Lighten up, Francis.

I don't think asking for a confirmed reservation number in return for a thousand dollars is too much.

Assuming you have a reservation is one thing, but knowing that they can contact you when it comes time to do something with it would seem to be rather important. If anyone who reserved early on is still waiting for a confirmation, something wasn't entered right. It's not going to fix itself.