Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Aluminum pedals installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of aluminum pedals on ebay for around $35. These are obviously not OEM. It took about 3 weeks or so to get them delivered from Hong Kong. I bought just the brake and accelerator (not the foot rest) since I have the all weather mats and my mats cover the foot rest anyway.

Installation was not necessarily difficult but it was a bit of a pain getting this to fit right. I have a set of panel removal tools so maybe I should have used those but I just used my hands and took a few breaks to rest my hands a few times. It took about 10 minutes or so to do the install.

It was a bit of a pain installing the brake because the door would keep closing on me whenever the brakes get pushed. I'm not sure how to disable this but i'm guessing there's a way? I didn't care enough to take time out to figure this out.

The existing brake cover comes off pretty easily. The accelerator doesn't have a cover (I don't think) so I just installed the aluminum one over the existing accelerator pedal.

I think it looks a lot better.

IMG_20171127_181536.jpg

IMG_20171127_182659.jpg

When my X was at the service center for 1 year maintenance I had them replace the pedals with the performance pedals. Easily the best upgrade for the X. I highly recommend them. Anyone getting a new car, get the performance pedals when ordering. They feel better, are thicker and wider.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie and AdamHLG
As I mentioned in the original post, installation is a bit of a PITA with a bit of wrestling needed to get it on right.

Maybe the pros have an easier way to do this with some tools instead of using hands to pry things, etc.

I didn't create a video. I actually installed mine in the parking structure of a mall because I was about an hour early to a dinner appointment. Although it only took me about 10 minutes I was a bit annoyed and frustrated (and I removed the brake pedal a few times to do it over again).

Here is a video of a guy doing the aluminum pedal install.

This Korean video is more detailed but I'm assuming that most of you don't understand Korean (but it's self explanatory)

Last edited:
When my X was at the service center for 1 year maintenance I had them replace the pedals with the performance pedals. Easily the best upgrade for the X. I highly recommend them. Anyone getting a new car, get the performance pedals when ordering. They feel better, are thicker and wider.
Can you post picture of the performance pedals please.

As a newby to Tesla, is there a webpage showing optional extras that can be ordered?