Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$35 solution for peeling yoke.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Yoke on my 2022 MX Plaid is peeling really bad. Opened a service ticket and was told that they don't have any improved yokes available. So, it may be a while until I get the replacement.
Found a cheap solution for the peeling yoke
For $35 on Amazon, I got this vinyl yoke cover. It's a pain to install but doable.
Took me 1 hour to install.

Tesla will eventually replace all old yokes to new ones but I didn't want to look at the peeling yoke every day until then.

Looks like attaching pics no longer works :(

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Not bad looking for $35. BTW, they do offer the cover with black thread. I chose red as the car is red.

1000019038.jpg
20240324_164753.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gaswalla
Looks good.. but FYI.. they are replacing with new yokes, I guess it's based on location (seattle here).. I've submitted service request with the following (Requesting yoke replacement under new SB-24-32-005 as my yoke is peeling), then they requested picture of the issue, and mobile tech replaced it in 15mins.

Attachments

• 20240329_143441 (1).jpg
    20240329_143441 (1).jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 17
Looks good.. but FYI.. they are replacing with new yokes, I guess it's based on location (seattle here).. I've submitted service request with the following (Requesting yoke replacement under new SB-24-32-005 as my yoke is peeling), then they requested picture of the issue, and mobile tech replaced it in 15mins.
I am scheduled for Monday 4/8 for a replacement (#2) as well