Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealing with Curb Rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tires barely have anything to do with curb rash protection. Plenty of Accords, Camrys, Civics, Altimas out there with curbed wheels and fat tires on them. Go walk down a busy city street and look at all the parked cars. Curb rash is the norm, there are less cars with perfect wheels than curbed wheels, I can guarantee you that.

Curb rash is caused by the driver, not the wheel or tire.
I appreciate you are the expert and I understand what you are saying. But I remain convinced that the combination of wheel and tire (Uberturbine/P Zero) leaves this wheel more vulnerable than any I've seen before. Even a light brush up against a very low kerb and it's all on the alloy. I'll suggest you look at the amount of discussion on this and other forum about this very subject. I never found any such chat about the 20 inch Audisport alloys and Continental tires on my Q3.

Tires barely have anything to do with curb rash protection. Plenty of Accords, Camrys, Civics, Altimas out there with curbed wheels and fat tires on them. Go walk down a busy city street and look at all the parked cars. Curb rash is the norm, there are less cars with perfect wheels than curbed wheels, I can guarantee you that.

Curb rash is caused by the driver, not the wheel or tire.
Things are different in CA. It's rare to see a non-Tesla with curb rash.