Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Season Tire Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m hijacking this thread with a dumb question, but my Model S doesn’t use run flats and doesn’t have a spare. So what’s the strategy here? You’re just stuck with either roadside assistance or some accessory “tire sealer pump” kit? Is this true of all Teslas?

Maybe, rhe MS is a big vehicle with lots of spaces
Or go the route of having faith in modern tires for their very high quality with high resistance to flats
It’s a roll of the dice

So far for me, my money is on the tires

Maybe, rhe MS is a big vehicle with lots of spaces
Or go the route of having faith in modern tires for their very high quality with high resistance to flats
It’s a roll of the dice

So far for me, my money is on the tires
I take full responsibility for buying the car with full knowledge, but such an odd approach by Tesla. I own cars with run flats or with spares, but own none that have neither!

Bought a used 2019 Model S Performance with 21" Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires, but don't like the comfort and noise of the 21".
So I bought a used set of 19" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 T0 tires, and I like them much more then the 21".

Tires are almost worn and I want to change to all seasons.

In Europe, choice in all-season 245/45 R19 102 Y tires is pretty limited (these are the tires I can get easily, listed from cheap to most expensive).
  • Vredestein Quatrac PRO
  • Hankook Kinergy 4S2 H750
  • Continental AllSeasonContact
  • Michelin CrossClimate 2
None of the available tires have a T0 rating, and going by specs it's hard to know how the tire is going to perform.
Especially the noise inside the car is difficult to judge and is important to me.

There are many tire reviews on the internet, but not in this size or with a heavy Model S.
The CC2 does well in most tests, but when I search on the forum, I find some owners who installed this tire on a Model Y.
The tire seems to be noisy, but a Y is not an S and has a different tire size.

So my preference goes to the Continental or the Hankook.

Does somebody in Europe has experience with these tires?

Last edited:

only released in europe at this time...i hope it comes to usa