Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All cars at the International Centre will have the Front License Affixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pmich80

Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
I'm assuming to avoid confusion and to streamline the process, all cars now will have the front license plate put on. I had requested it to be left off but my DA said it's now a requirement that it be put on. I bet they were running into issues when it was placed on when it wasn't supposed to causing customers to be angry.

Although i'm a bit disappointed, if it helps them deliver the cars faster then i'm all for it. It's only using double sided tape so it shouldn't be hard to remove.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ and 03DSG
I'm assuming to avoid confusion and to streamline the process, all cars now will have the front license plate put on. I had requested it to be left off but my DA said it's now a requirement that it be put on. I bet they were running into issues when it was placed on when it wasn't supposed to causing customers to be angry.

Although i'm a bit disappointed, if it helps them deliver the cars faster then i'm all for it. It's only using double sided tape so it shouldn't be hard to remove.

I'd say the cops prob had a word with them.

Took quite a bit of strength to remove the front license plate holder. A few things to help, remove the four screws and remove the actual plate before pulling hard on the plastic holder. The amount of strength you'll use to remove the license plate holder will bend your plate a bit. Once removed, use some Goo Gone or other adhesive remover to get rid of the stickiness.

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    684 KB · Views: 73
  • Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog
Took quite a bit of strength to remove the front license plate holder. A few things to help, remove the four screws and remove the actual plate before pulling hard on the plastic holder. The amount of strength you'll use to remove the license plate holder will bend your plate a bit. Once removed, use some Goo Gone or other adhesive remover to get rid of the stickiness.

Would heat help it come off easier?

I think it's all about quicker delivery. They used to have the front license in frunk and then ask the owner on spot if they want it to be installed or not. If yes, it takes a technician 10-15 min to put it on. If no, the owner signs a form and take the plate.