Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension auto lowering: who uses this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use geofencing in about 4-5 locations but only go to high. I did have one location I used very high. I did end up removing the very high setting because the car was trying to raise even when I was driving past the establishment where I needed the setting in the parking lot. I will try setting it to low in my driveway and see if I can save the location.

I have found that only HIGH and VERY HIGH are geofenced. I'd like VERY LOW to be geofenced as well.

I have not found any difference in handling or ride comfort with LOW compared to STANDARD. I don't drive with VERY LOW. In fact, due to potential tire wear on the inside, I keep suspension height at STANDARD all the time now.

Hmm. My X was set to Low from delivery, and even if I raise it, it resets to Low there next time in use the vehicle. If I'm reading this thread correctly, the default setting should be standard, and not low? Is that right?

I have been looking for recent data regarding how great is the range increase at various speeds. Anyone aware of any?

There are so many other factors that unless you have your own testing laboratory, the difference will be lost in the noise. The main difference that you will notice is high speed handling from the CoG change.

I lowered my P85+ to the same height as it came from the factory using adjustable links. I use auto lowering at 50 mph. I get excellent range. The photo was taken in Montgomery, AL on my way home from a road trip to Niagara Falls, ON. I have staggered Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires. I have replaced tires twice. I get reasonable tire life with the lowered ride height. I have about 41,000 miles on my Tesla.

Attachments

• WP_20160811_06_46_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160811_06_46_02_Pro.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 76
I have ours set to 70+ where at that point it lowers. Has anyone noticed the X remembering when it is supposed to lower based on GPS position? I enter a fairly low garage at work and manually have to drop the car to the lower position each time I approach the garage. My understanding is the X is supposed to remember the GPS coordinates and automatically adjust the height of the X. Maybe I am just missing something here.
The GPS aspect is one of the best aspects of the air suspension. I've been using this on my model S for two years. I love that it automatically raises when going up my friends driveway.