Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioning reduced supercharging rate maybe reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S Raven went to Tesla for an air conditioning repaire. A leak was detected and a new piece is ordered under warranty. This will be fitted 3 weeks from now and a message on the dashboard reads as below. Charging at home normally takes 5 hours and now 20 hours with 13 amps. Can anyone advise how much longer it takes on fast chargers? I have a 7.5 hour trip ahead of me and require 2 charging stops but questioning if I should use an alternative car. Comments appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 91
Any idea what extra time it will take x 3 or more at charging stations please?
Super charging bypasses the charger inside the car so the charging time may not get affected specially given the fact that battery needs to warm up for super charging.
The problem is that the battery needs to cool down after super charging, and if your coolant is low, the hot battery would reduce your range

Reactions: fholbert
My Model S Raven went to Tesla for an air conditioning repaire. A leak was detected and a new piece is ordered under warranty. This will be fitted 3 weeks from now and a message on the dashboard reads as below. Charging at home normally takes 5 hours and now 20 hours with 13 amps. Can anyone advise how much longer it takes on fast chargers? I have a 7.5 hour trip ahead of me and require 2 charging stops but questioning if I should use an alternative car. Comments appreciated
It depend on low and what percentage you want to charge to. But normally for me, going from 15% to 90% at the supercharging station take about 45 minutes. But I have a older model S. The newer ones are faster.

It depend on low and what percentage you want to charge to. But normally for me, going from 15% to 90% at the supercharging station take about 45 minutes. But I have a older model S. The newer ones are faster.
You won't charge at those rates with the cooling system not working properly. The battery is protecting itself on AC charging, it will also protect itself using DC Supercharging. The only way to test for your car is to take it to a Supercharger and see what it takes. Otherwise, I wouldn't use this car on a long trip if time is important.

Reactions: RichardandElse