Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket TPMS options or OEM for '17 S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a '17 S. Bought some used OEM 19" split spoke wheels with Gen 1 TPMS and had them powdercoated, ordered the winter tires, will be here this week. Looking for gen 2 TPMS and noted that there are a ton of options- Ebay, tire websites, etc. and obviously paying the Tesla premium for OEM. I'm assuming the 433mHz will calibrate with the existing receivers, regardless of option. . . but tell me if I'm wrong.

Any recommendations or cautionary tales? I'm literally stymied.

Should have bought the 19" all seasons rather than the 21" in the first place. . . ugh.

Thanks in advance.

I have a '17 S. Bought some used OEM 19" split spoke wheels with Gen 1 TPMS and had them powdercoated, ordered the winter tires, will be here this week. Looking for gen 2 TPMS and noted that there are a ton of options- Ebay, tire websites, etc. and obviously paying the Tesla premium for OEM. I'm assuming the 433mHz will calibrate with the existing receivers, regardless of option. . . but tell me if I'm wrong.

Any recommendations or cautionary tales? I'm literally stymied.

Should have bought the 19" all seasons rather than the 21" in the first place. . . ugh.

Thanks in advance.
I bought after market TPMS for my 2018 S75D from 1010tires.com. They work and programmed fine. Just be sure to order the ones for US domestic cars.

Same situation for me. Bought '17 S and bought OEM split spoke 19" wheels for mounting winter tires from another TSMC member. (Didn't powder coat them though - they're winter wheels and I personally couldn't see the sense in making something pretty when the car is going to be a sand-covered mess for a good chunk of the winter) I bought these TPMS off of eBay and they have been working without any problems so far in the 2.5 weeks since I put the wheels on the car:

4 X New ITM Tire Pressure Sensor 433MHz TPMS For TESLA MODEL S 1014-1216 | eBay

• Informative
Reactions: theheff