Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's awfully rare I'd need to stretch out those extra 20 miles, so I'll say no. If they were something you could attach when needed somehow, then maybe.
Remember that the 20 miles increment is measured in EPA cycle. We don't know yet if it is combined. If that is the case, increments may be 15 miles city and 25 miles highway cycle, averaging to 20 miles. BUT if places you go include lots of highway driving, perhaps even faster than EPA cycle, your mileage will increase by far more than 7% versus the standard wheel.

I just assumed the were Moon.

P1110259-S098-Chrisman-Bros.-and-Duncan-1954-Bonneville-Coupe-NF557602.jpg

I just assumed the were Moon...
Hah. That is how I started off my question to Franz:
"Will the aero wheels for 320 mile Model S be moon wheels?"
And the reply was along the lines of
"Oh no, they don't look too bad..."
So, basically, I don't think he would want to see "moon" wheels on an S.
Probably something a little more interesting.

Been spotting several new Civics sporting these: 2012 Honda Civic HF 2012 Honda Civic HF Wheels Rims - TrendzCar

From the corresponding article: "Hidden aerodynamic features such as flat-bottom unit-body construction, precisely placed aero strakes, and other features work together to help the Honda Civic achieve excellent fuel-economy".

Think these are the kind of wheels/rims that'd help get to 320?!

Last edited:
Well, it would be certainly be easier to clean the brake dust off of them!

As an aside, I looked through the TrendzCar site and it's pretty cool. But they didn't have a single mention of Tesla! Lots of new cars, concept cars, even a frickin useless Fisker Surf, (check out the copious storage space with the back seats folded down), but no Tesla. Weird