Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjustable lowering links for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to install the lowering links today and there are some some questions. Hopefully you guys can help out ^^

So I need to measure the factory link (for example 90mm) and the links I'm using is recommand that not more then 95mm, right? (because 5mm longer link = 28mm drop)

Secondly, do you guys know what's that part for? front or rear?

thanks a lot ^^
efsdfsd.jpg

I am actually trying to go the other way and raise my car slightly. I have a steep driveway and have occasional issues cresting at the top when entering the garage (high center). The car clears sometimes and just kisses the center of the bottom others, so I'm already very close, I'm thinking an extra 1/4" would get me to clear all the time. It seems like these links could achieve that...does anyone here (with more mechanical knowledge than myself) see a problem with using them in that way?

I am actually trying to go the other way and raise my car slightly. I have a steep driveway and have occasional issues cresting at the top when entering the garage (high center). The car clears sometimes and just kisses the center of the bottom others, so I'm already very close, I'm thinking an extra 1/4" would get me to clear all the time. It seems like these links could achieve that...does anyone here (with more mechanical knowledge than myself) see a problem with using them in that way?

Even with Very High setting of air suspension you kiss? That's a lot of ground clearance you must have a wickedly sharp hump on that driveway.

I used adjustable links to raise one corner of my car that was not calibrated right so was sitting lower than the rest. Now the car is level. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that all the way around the car.

You need the air suspension option to do any of this.

Even with Very High setting of air suspension you kiss? That's a lot of ground clearance you must have a wickedly sharp hump on that driveway.

I used adjustable links to raise one corner of my car that was not calibrated right so was sitting lower than the rest. Now the car is level. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do that all the way around the car.

You need the air suspension option to do any of this.

Yes, even on very high...It is pretty steep, and the Model S has a reasonably long wheel base which makes the break over angle at the top problematic (full story here, post 4). Glad to hear that you were able to use the lowering link to raise the car a bit, thanks!

Yes, even on very high...It is pretty steep, and the Model S has a reasonably long wheel base which makes the break over angle at the top problematic (full story here, post 4). Glad to hear that you were able to use the lowering link to raise the car a bit, thanks!

I talk about raising a corner over in a thread on how I made 3D printed lowering links.

3D printed lowering links

I'm running these in the car successfully, since October.

Reactions: youlikeadajuice