Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is readying a new option, internally … - teslamotors - Reddit

Reddit post about an acceleration mode....

There are people corroborating the rumor via their account homepage. However, I can't see it on mine, since I already have FSD, so I don't have any "live"/official software updates available to me.

But.... $2,000 for this? Supposedly 10% improvement in 0-60 times (read the tweet thread).

Tesla Change Tracker on Twitter

Guys....now we're talking about P3D's that might be able to clear 2.75s 0-60.

That's Ludicrous (which they probably chose not to say.....so S and X can still have that)

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently it's for any of the dual motor variants. P, Stealth, and AWD

I didnt read it that way. I read it as a upgrade for LR AWD model 3s to have "P" level acceleration. I think its MUCH more likely that AWD owners get the option to buy P, than ALL owners get to buy faster acceleration.

We are both guessing, though. /shrug

I didnt read it that way. I read it as a upgrade for LR AWD model 3s to have "P" level acceleration. I think its MUCH more likely that AWD owners get the option to buy P, than ALL owners get to buy faster acceleration.

We are both guessing, though. /shrug

from electrek, who may also be guessing:

"Tesla accidentally leaked a new ‘Acceleration Boost’ upgrade planned for the Model 3 vehicles equipped with a dual-motor powertrain."

The text shows up for me, a P3D- owner, and it’s unclear whether it was supposed to be hidden for people with my trim or whether it is an option everyone can buy. Especially if it’s $2k, which is exactly the premium over the LR AWD to get a stealth...

462F6EC9-74E6-4576-85A8-A196B5B2F485.png