Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A better route planner - question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something just occurred to me... when using ABRP and selecting Model 3, it still defaults to routing via super chargers which may not have been upgraded to CCS as far as i can see. It looks like you have to manually deselect "Supercharger" and select "Tesla CCS" - is this correct?

also can anyone comment on how accurate their database is with regards to superchargers already updated to CCS?

Something just occurred to me... when using ABRP and selecting Model 3, it still defaults to routing via super chargers which may not have been upgraded to CCS as far as i can see. It looks like you have to manually deselect "Supercharger" and select "Tesla CCS" - is this correct?

also can anyone comment on how accurate their database is with regards to superchargers already updated to CCS?
I thought all SC have been up to CCS in the UK so does not really matter if it defaults to this :)

Reactions: WarpedOne
I do find sometimes that abrp can lose or mis-display layers. The planning is always fine, but for exploring an area zapmap is more reliable.

I've found that ABRP pretty much stopped working for me a few months ago. It was always far and away the best one around, but for some reason it's now extremely slow, and most of the time just displays a blank screen, with no mapping, just some pins showing charge points plus the AO logo in the corner.

Something changed big time a while ago, not sure what, but suspect it may have been the same time that AO started sponsoring it, or at least around the time the AO logo started to appear on the screen.

Zap Map still seems to work as well as it ever did, and does at least allow the mapping to be seen.

I've found that ABRP pretty much stopped working for me a few months ago. It was always far and away the best one around, but for some reason it's now extremely slow, and most of the time just displays a blank screen, with no mapping, just some pins showing charge points plus the AO logo in the corner.

Something changed big time a while ago, not sure what, but suspect it may have been the same time that AO started sponsoring it, or at least around the time the AO logo started to appear on the screen.

Zap Map still seems to work as well as it ever did, and does at least allow the mapping to be seen.
Have you tried their new Android/iOS app? (abrp app)

I was seeing what you described last night, but it was the first time for me, and working fine again today. Possibly it's got stuck in a loop or something -try a different browser, and if that helps, clear your cookies for the site etc etc?

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Have you tried their new Android/iOS app? (abrp app)

No, TBH I've only ever used it on a PC - I like having a big screen for route planning.

If you lose map layer, first make sure map layer is enabled then refresh browser cache - ctrl f5.

Agree though that ABRP has lost its nice simplicity.

Just looked at it on this laptop, using Firefox, and to the best of my knowledge I don't think I've ever used it on this machine. Still seems to be the same, no mapping, just charge points on a blank screen, with the AO logo plus the route planner stuff at the top left. Also seems to take forever and a day to open, but that may be just our fairly slow broadband speed here.

TBH, ABRP seems so dysfunctional for me now as to not be worth using, which is a pity, as originally it seemed a lot easier to use, and gave better results, than Zap Map. It's almost as if something seemed to get badly broken a few months ago.

Reactions: Cape Coddess
I thought all SC have been up to CCS in the UK so does not really matter if it defaults to this :)
Try choosing either tesla CCS or supercharger, it gives different charging recommendations (I.e. “Tesla CCS” doesn’t seem to include chargers like Newport Pagnell).
Then their database is not properly updated.

I would ignore their 'CCS' option, all UK SC sites have CCS.

thanks

I haven't used ABRP recently but on the basis of the foregoing I took a look and oh dear, WTF?
I'm using a Mac and have the blank screen too although night mode brings up a map.
What has happened here?

• Informative
I haven't used ABRP recently but on the basis of the foregoing I took a look and oh dear, WTF?
I'm using a Mac and have the blank screen too although night mode brings up a map.
What has happened here?
Same here on PC - using Firefox in various modes. I'll try with a different browser at some point but it isn't well! However, I tried the Android version of the app and that worked quite nicely on a OnePlus 6. Actually quite impressed, particulalrly as it's new. Quite promising

• Informative
@Mr Miserable and @spon88 , thanks, I'm glad it's not just me! I've wasted maybe an hour faffing about to try and get ABRP to work again, and yet it stays stubbornly broken.

It seems to do a route plan OK, but as it refuses to display the map, just the route and charge points, it's not exactly much use.

Zap Map works OK, but was never as good as ABRP IMHO, but it looks like I'll have to revert back to using it, at least until ABRP gets fixed so it works again on a big screen device.