Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7/24/16 communication I received from Elon today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one of the people on the pre-order list for the Tesla Model 3, it was considerate of Elon to send me this Thank You note and a graphic of the Model 3. A long wait ahead, but I take solace in the fact that Tesla knows I exist on the Pre-Order list in California. I'm 80 years old, with the body of a 60 year old, so I hope to be around for the Tesla Model 3 delivery in California.

Attachments

• TESLA PHOTO OF MODEL 3 AND THANK U NOTE 7-2416.jpg
    TESLA PHOTO OF MODEL 3 AND THANK U NOTE 7-2416.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 212
He never said he "lined up," just said he pre-ordered. I did not even hear of the Model 3 until after it's unveiling, ordered mine on April 2nd around 10 am, got my pre-order gift yesterday 7/27. Not sure why some "line waiters" are all bent they have not yet received a "piece of paper." It is kinda cool but makes me just that much more anxious in the waiting game. Maybe got mine before line waiters as I am on West Coast, 35 min from factory. Fingers crossed that the same thing happens with the actual car. Everyone who pre ordered, line or online, will receive it. They only have to make like 400,000 of them, patience.

My mother put here order online two weeks after the reveal and today she received the same gift.

I place my order online on the reveal night a few minutes before the online orders open and I haven't recieved anything. We live on the same zip code in South Carolina. I don't get it.

Ordered online got mine 2 days ago, swatted a fly with it... :eek: Didn't realize until after what it was but no harm done :D except to the fly.

I do believe the line waiters will get an additional thank you item as stated by Elon but I don't think it will be something as premium as free Auto Pilot or something so costly to the company. That following week when Elon made those statements he said the orders were placed in some tweets but at this volume it's going to take time, so patience is a virtue.

Anyhow, thanks to Elon for his thoughtfulness to current and future customers.

Reactions: EVie'sDad