Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 > 75 Upgrade now $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 70 to 75 upgrade now shows as $750AUD (down from $5000).
Just bought it, although ironically I'm just arriving home from an epic Tasmania road trip with a few nail-biting runs where the extra range would have saved me a lot of stress!

Reactions: ssrajputev
I don't think anyone believed Tesla when they dropped the 60 saying nobody was ordering it, quite the opposite seemed to be true in the UK. It's easy money for them, the upgrade is pretty much pure profit except banking the cash, flicking a switch and sticking a new badge on the car at the next service. I still don't think it's worth it.

Reactions: ssrajputev
Yay. I payed $7500 for the 60->75 upgrade in January...
When I purchased a month before you, it was $6500 at purchase or $9000 after. Then about a month later the $9000 was dropped to $7000. I think the consensus on this board was the upgrade was really worth about two or three grand. Great news and great news that the new 75 also reflects the price cut, base price is now only $1500 more than the departed 60.

• Informative
Reactions: Sawyer8888
automatic lift gate now standard on all models -- no premium upgrade required.

air suspension upgrade also gone -- maybe its standard on all models?

EDIT: air suspension upgrade is available for 90D and 100D, not 75. weird.

It is possible that 90D and 100D are heavier and the coils are standard on 75's now. Frankly IMO coils are better because they are more reliable over the long run.

Yeah, I noticed that Air Suspension is unavailable with the 75. If it had been I would have swapped my 60D order for a 75D. But you have to chose apparently and, for me, I need air suspension more than a tad more range. It was like mid January when they introduced the 100D...you could change your (seven day) order to the 100D, but you'd lose free supercharging for life. Take your pick but you can't have both.

But overall seems like a good deal on the 75/75D now. But they need to do something with PUP. Either add features or lower the price. Perforated/ventilated seats used to be there (briefly) but that got dropped. Now auto lift gate got dropped. Value on that package keeps going down.

Reactions: Gur814