Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
exactly. all the prices and specs on Day 1 were total BS.

1) a $39k full size truck priced *under* a Model 3 ?

2) 500 miles of range? that was never ever possible... if even after installing the abomination of "range extender" and losing 1/3rd of your bed, cutting payload to well under 2k lbs, and you still don't hit 500 miles...
BS for sure. Maybe some 4680 battery hopium/BS contributed to the 500 mile range guestimate.

Don't feel bad, many of us fell for it (the BS story) in Nov., 2019.... Misery love company?! 🤣
It’s painful for me. I like a Musk. I think he’s a genius I really do. But I’m a realist too, and I am going to call him out on the crazy stuff he does.

my 2017 P100D is amazing. My golf cart matches it. We have 2 M3’s too. I believe in Tesla

I believe in what he’s doing but he has taken so many wrong turns that it’s hard to support it.

FSD is a complete fraud. I never fell for it.
Fantom braking made using the drivers assist program impossible.
the Summons feature was a bust too

I remember the day I bought the Model S, the salesman dude said, ‘’you know this will be the oldest the car will ever be”’. What he meant was due to all the Tesla over-the-air-updates I would be receiving The car would get batter and better. I actually fell for that one. Of course what happened was my car was destroyed by the updates when my MCU failed. Tesla knew it and did nothing. It took a mandated recall, to force Tesla to do the right thing and replace it. Of course Tesla wanted 2,500+ to upgrade to the new unit just to make my car run properly. I never fell for the big fraud which is FSD. But when my MCU failed, that’s when I knew 100% that all the people who bought. And paid for FSD would never get a fully functioning FSD. Hell it is still only level 2. All those people suckered and all that money wasted.

but… when Musk said oh by the way, we will be making a Tesla Truck I was like perfect. I have been driving trucks for over 40 years. Perfect.

Then the November 2019 revel came and with all my family and friends stood there in shock. WTF is he doing?

I kept thinking he would push that think aside and bring out the real truck design. Wow. What a mistake I thought. Terrible design. Then the idiot with steel balls. Are you serious. What a disaster. Was that the best they could come up with. What a Moron.

Musk with all his intellect … and the best they had?

I was so pissed I said screw this. …. Then something crazy happened to me. That night and the next day I started to think, wait a minute... the specs are pretty good. Musk is telling us it will be the best and toughest truck out there. Capable of great things. Will destroy the truck world. Will smash Ford etc.. bla bla bla. Based on the specs and price I ordered a Tri Motor without FSD in spite of it’s hideous looks and over my wife’s objections. he can do it, he’s Elon Musk.

as the years passed Musk kept making outlandish statements like it would float etc. geez. Just stop It. Then he removed the stocks, has that stupid steering wheel, and removed the door handles, removed 6th seat, Makes it smaller, but then bigger, then smaller again. Bla bla bla.

then they was battery day. All the promises. All they hype. None of it was true. His battery’s are no better than anybody’s battery’s.

so he finally revels the disaster 4 years later. Only 320 miles of Tesla Range for 99,990.00. Wow. What a disaster. That’s like 218 miles real everyday driving miles.

so if towing that is like 106 miles of towing. Or 52. Miles each way.

100% fail.

It’s painful for me. I like a Musk. I think he’s a genius I really do. But I’m a realist too, and I am going to call him out on the crazy stuff he does.

my 2017 P100D is amazing. My golf cart matches it. We have 2 M3’s too. I believe in Tesla

I believe in what he’s doing but he has taken so many wrong turns that it’s hard to support it.

FSD is a complete fraud. I never fell for it.
Fantom braking made using the drivers assist program impossible.
the Summons feature was a bust too

I remember the day I bought the Model S, the salesman dude said, ‘’you know this will be the oldest the car will ever be”’. What he meant was due to all the Tesla over-the-air-updates I would be receiving The car would get batter and better. I actually fell for that one. Of course what happened was my car was destroyed by the updates when my MCU failed. Tesla knew it and did nothing. It took a mandated recall, to force Tesla to do the right thing and replace it. Of course Tesla wanted 2,500+ to upgrade to the new unit just to make my car run properly. I never fell for the big fraud which is FSD. But when my MCU failed, that’s when I knew 100% that all the people who bought. And paid for FSD would never get a fully functioning FSD. Hell it is still only level 2. All those people suckered and all that money wasted.

but… when Musk said oh by the way, we will be making a Tesla Truck I was like perfect. I have been driving trucks for over 40 years. Perfect.

Then the November 2019 revel came and with all my family and friends stood there in shock. WTF is he doing?

I kept thinking he would push that think aside and bring out the real truck design. Wow. What a mistake I thought. Terrible design. Then the idiot with steel balls. Are you serious. What a disaster. Was that the best they could come up with. What a Moron.

Musk with all his intellect … and the best they had?

I was so pissed I said screw this. …. Then something crazy happened to me. That night and the next day I started to think, wait a minute... the specs are pretty good. Musk is telling us it will be the best and toughest truck out there. Capable of great things. Will destroy the truck world. Will smash Ford etc.. bla bla bla. Based on the specs and price I ordered a Tri Motor without FSD in spite of it’s hideous looks and over my wife’s objections. he can do it, he’s Elon Musk.

as the years passed Musk kept making outlandish statements like it would float etc. geez. Just stop It. Then he removed the stocks, has that stupid steering wheel, and removed the door handles, removed 6th seat, Makes it smaller, but then bigger, then smaller again. Bla bla bla.

then they was battery day. All the promises. All they hype. None of it was true. His battery’s are no better than anybody’s battery’s.

so he finally revels the disaster 4 years later. Only 320 miles of Tesla Range for 99,990.00. Wow. What a disaster. That’s like 218 miles real everyday driving miles.

so if towing that is like 106 miles of towing. Or 52. Miles each way.

100% fail.
Well said. SpaceX is baller, so there is some good. But even there, the statements and timelines from Elon are, unfathomable.