Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50 hp software upgrade coming for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thrilled that a car company upgrades car like this, including 'already sold cars'. If you consider that upgrades like this also require testing and perhaps certification of cars already on the market, it is really outstanding service.
The speed at which the firmware updates are coming is much higher than with the average smartphone, which is just fantastic!

Reactions: BulldogsRus
You should be able to do that already. Whenever I go on long road trips, I've used the button on the steering wheel to skip past ads in podcasts for nearly 3 years now.
I experience the same issue. When I listen to Podcasts via the Tesla skip will jump entire episodes. For this reason I stream via my Google Pixel over Bluetooth and the skip forward and backward buttons have a 30/10sec skip behavior which I prefer. For this reason I almost never stream via TuneIn on the Tesla unit.

I experience the same issue. When I listen to Podcasts via the Tesla skip will jump entire episodes. For this reason I stream via my Google Pixel over Bluetooth and the skip forward and backward buttons have a 30/10sec skip behavior which I prefer. For this reason I almost never stream via TuneIn on the Tesla unit.
Do you just tap the button quickly or do you hold it when pressing? I think (but need to confirm) that I just to a quick tap and it jumps 30 seconds.

I doubt they will tell us in the notes which update gives more power and how much. Wonder if someone will be able to figure out who gets what. Then again no-one has taken the time to explain who gets cup head and who doesn't. Not a simple answer as I have a Sept 2017 90D Got spotify and some of the new V10 offerings but missing others including Nexflix. Kind of confusing when the forum traffic makes it seem like everyone should get all the new stuff. I understand that I probably have an older MCU and shouldn't expect everything. Tesla's never said I should get everything but... back to the question at hand.

How will I know my power been software updated and how much?

Do you just tap the button quickly or do you hold it when pressing? I think (but need to confirm) that I just to a quick tap and it jumps 30 seconds.
Tap. Exact same action that properly triggers a skip on my phone or song skip via the built in music streaming app.

Part of me wonders if this isn't part of the "feature" difference between UHFS that either resumes a song or starts a song over. Equally as stupid if it is indeed a difference intentionally programmed by Tesla.

I am thrilled that a car company upgrades car like this, including 'already sold cars'. If you consider that upgrades like this also require testing and perhaps certification of cars already on the market, it is really outstanding service.
The speed at which the firmware updates are coming is much higher than with the average smartphone, which is just fantastic!
Except those of us with classic muscle car era Teslas. I still haven’t gotten V10 yet. I doubt the 50hp increase would apply to P85+s, after all it would just mean even more traction issues.

• Funny
Reactions: brianman
model-s-raven-screenshot-twitter.com-2019.06.jpg

Badging is "DUAL MOTOR" now. " 100D" is gone, and they underline DUAL MOTOR when you buy Performance.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
There was a pre raven S in bellevue that was a long range and had the dual motor badge. It was the floor model . SA confirmed that it was indeed a pre raven that they removed the 100d and replaced it with dual motor badge

Tap. Exact same action that properly triggers a skip on my phone or song skip via the built in music streaming app.

Part of me wonders if this isn't part of the "feature" difference between UHFS that either resumes a song or starts a song over. Equally as stupid if it is indeed a difference intentionally programmed by Tesla.
Ok, I double-checked this and confirmed things have changed since I took my last road trip. As you said, the steering wheel buttons no longer skip ahead or back. However, I noticed we now have icons on the screen to jump forward or reverse by 15 seconds. I'm guessing things changed when v10 was released.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
That sounds like a locally made bad decision to move an older car. If it's from corporate it's even worse and should be stopped.
When we purchased out pre-raven X in April, it came with a 100D badge but it showed as a long range Dual Motor when we ordered it and on our account. There was a period of time for cars built from February through early April where this happened. Our car could've legitimately been badged as either 100D or Dual Motor.

Sounds like they were just correcting the badge to match what the car was originally sold as.