Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.40 is out via ev-fw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And some of us are still on .34 with not a single update received since. Don't know how many updates I need to wait before I complain to Tesla...​
Basically, you don't. Firmware updates are basically a black magic -- you just get them when they come. Complaining really won't get you anywhere or your firmware updated faster. I'm still on .36 and fine with that. I know eventually my car will be updated.

Reactions: chillaban
I’m still on 2017.34 2448 with not update since.

Totally normal. That's like 66% of the TeslaFi fleet, including me as well. Part of the Tesla ownership experience is being both at the head end and tail end of new update rollouts from time to time. It almost never means there's anything wrong with your car, it just means Tesla doesn't have the confidence yet to push out the update to everyone and is still doing a limited rollout. That can sometimes take a month or even longer.

My jump was from 2017.28 to 2017.34 and that happened in week 36, so by the time I got .34 I was already reading about the supercharger power update.

But when I got 17.17.4, that literally came at the same time the first 5 reports showed up on TeslaFi. I guess I won the lottery there, but how soon you get an update is mostly luck, unless you want to make pretend service appointments to get them to push newer updates to you (please don't, causing service center congestion for fellow owners is not cool)

Just took my first drive on .40. My suspension height turned into what I suspect is what the community calls an "easter egg." Can someone confirm if this is in fact I am seeing, how long it'll last, and whether this is a toggle?

Also, the auto-Homelink is AWESOME.

Attachments

• IMG_9381.jpg
    IMG_9381.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 116
Just took my first drive on .40. My suspension height turned into what I suspect is what the community calls an "easter egg." Can someone confirm if this is in fact I am seeing, how long it'll last, and whether this is a toggle?
Bring up the picture of your car by pressing the T at the top. At the top of the window describing your car are 3 horizontal lines which are a slider - touch and drag it down to slide your car detail window down. Now you'll see all the easter eggs there. This is now toggle - you can simply tap on the easter egg button for james bond to enable OR tap on it again to disable it. Same with all the easter eggs.

• Helpful
Reactions: ILLCOMM
Bring up the picture of your car by pressing the T at the top. At the top of the window describing your car are 3 horizontal lines which are a slider - touch and drag it down to slide your car detail window down. Now you'll see all the easter eggs there. This is now toggle - you can simply tap on the easter egg button for james bond to enable OR tap on it again to disable it. Same with all the easter eggs.

The easter egg container now opens automatically without sliding the three horizontal bar tab.

I've only driven it around town so far and while it feels "different" I'm loathe to call its behaviour "better" unfortunately. It seems even more reluctant to make calls hesitating when there's nothing around except an incline in the road and it aborted 5 times in 10 minutes (though I'm consistently putting it into adversarial situations to test its limits and stress it.)

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I'm guessing this version is being rolled out widely because it addresses the wifi security issue more than anything else? Though the update version predates the public announcement of the wifi hack but many insiders working on operating system internals already knew about it and were working on fixes. If not, then we may see another sudden widespread release.

Can you folks talking about version ‘0.40....’ post a screenshot? There is no such thing anywhere I can find a record of. It’s 2017.40.1 with the useless hashcode at the end, is the only thing close. Where are you seeing the ‘0.40’ number?

There is also a 2017.40 and a 2017.41.

Can you folks talking about version ‘0.40....’ post a screenshot? There is no such thing anywhere I can find a record of. It’s 2017.40.1 with the useless hashcode at the end, is the only thing close. Where are you seeing the ‘0.40’ number?

There is also a 2017.40 and a 2017.41.
by 0.40 we mean 2017.40.1 e2* . The zero was confusing indeed and was never there.

Yeah, that has never been a standard. :D. I’ve been using 17.40.1 as we all know what century we are in, and the hashcode adds nothing to the name (and we still don’t know why Tesla even includes it for us). 17.40.1 is a unique name for the release.

Thanks for clarifying!