Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.2.2.1 bugs - All screens dead (2022 Model S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, 2022 Model S LR, I updated to 2024.2.2.1 two days ago.

All was fine out of the box, car worked fine, but as of this morning all screens are dead including the instrument cluster. I can drive the car off the back-up PRAND touch buttons below the phone holders but this is obviously not ideal. No speedo, no cameras, etc. Steering controls still work at least.

This sucks. Even if they stage a new FW, I can't initiate the install without the screens working!

If anyone has not yet installed 2024.2.2.1, DON'T DO IT! Wait for the next one.

You can initiate the install from the mobile app. Contact service if you didn’t already. I already installed that version in my 2023 S and haven’t had any issues.
Ah yes, but you can't regress! You can only accept an already-available FW. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Anyway, after scrollwheel resetting, it's been stable, but I've never had this issue before. Not sure what it was, good to know yours hasn't done it. Still, looking forward to the next package ASAP.

Ah yes, but you can't regress! You can only accept an already-available FW. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
Anyway, after scrollwheel resetting, it's been stable, but I've never had this issue before. Not sure what it was, good to know yours hasn't done it. Still, looking forward to the next package ASAP.
Glad you resolved the issue. Whether you do it from the car or the app, you can only install whatever update Tesla has sent to your car, nothing older. In the car, you can use Service Mode to reinstall your current version, which solves certain problems, but not necessarily what you were seeing.

It’s always a good idea to do a scroll wheel reset after installing any update.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ