Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

370 Range: Rated vs Ideal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 S100D. This morning I charged the battery fully, prior to a long trip. My rated mileage showed 335 miles full, while ideal showed 417. The stated mileage is supposed to be 370. When Tesla advertises a range of 370, are they talking about rated or ideal?

I haven’t been able to get more than 300 miles, without a charge, on long trips. Today’s trip is around 280 miles and my car is indicating that I’ll have ~7% battery remaining. So I’m interested in knowing if obtaining over 300 miles is normal or I should open an issue with Tesla. By the way, all highway driving at below 70 miles an hour.

What month was your car built, and do you have the new active suspension? You can get your build date from a sticker in the drivers door jamb.

2019 cars built prior to May (pre-“Raven” cars) had 335 miles of rated range, not 370. Sounds like your car is an early 2019.

I have a 2019 S100D. This morning I charged the battery fully, prior to a long trip. My rated mileage showed 335 miles full, while ideal showed 417. The stated mileage is supposed to be 370. When Tesla advertises a range of 370, are they talking about rated or ideal?

I haven’t been able to get more than 300 miles, without a charge, on long trips. Today’s trip is around 280 miles and my car is indicating that I’ll have ~7% battery remaining. So I’m interested in knowing if obtaining over 300 miles is normal or I should open an issue with Tesla. By the way, all highway driving at below 70 miles an hour.
You are referring to the 375 mile range of the updated "raven" version of Model S. That 370 mile version was available for order sometime in April. If you ordered prior to that, you do not have the 370 mile version. Tesla does not go by model years, they update their cars continuously. When Tesla quotes range, it is the rated range that is quoted (in the US).