Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MY LR, black plastic looking white.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*I posted this on another Tesla forum, but thought I'd ask here as well.

I've had my 2023 Model Y LR for 5 weeks now. Love the car so far, we've taken on a trip to Zion area (from Inland Empire) and it did great. We stopped 2x to charge each way, might have been able to stop only once on the way home but it said we would have 11% when we got home. I wasn't ready to test that, maybe next time.

Anyway for my question. I've washed (at the coin op places) it 3 times so far, its black so always looks dusty/dirty. Yesterday when I was drying it, I noticed on the rear black plastic area that there is a 12" long section that the plastic looks white. Like if it was old and left out in the sun or someone used armor-all on it years before. I've never used anything on the car and this wasn't there last time I washed it.
Has anyone else seen this or any ideas how to get it looking new again, like the rest of the car. The car is garaged unless its being driven.

Thanks

It's sitting in the sun right now, so may be hard to see. May have to zoom in on the left hand side.
71279940559__DD03B6B2-45F0-4894-94C1-E6DA6DAD7C0B.jpeg

That is cleaner/wax residue... you need to clean the plastic properly then look up CERAKOTE wipes, if you follow the directions TO THE LETTER the trim will look amazing. doesn't have that overly shiny look but will have a nice wet black. Its a thicker coating then say a 303 but will be good for someone who doesnt clean regularly.