Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a comment in a different thread suggesting your strikes reduce from 5 to 3 with a blocked camera.

I can’t verify that myself.
Maybe that’s so but in three years of Tesla ownership I can only recall disengagement twice early on when I didn’t hold the wheel sufficiently well. Yesterdays 300 miles, mostly AP had no issues in spite of the camera being covered.

I think our interior camera has failed again, but I need to double check in car and not only just the app to confirm. It was replaced under warranty a few months back, but car is now out of warranty and I don’t have the energy to try and get fixed unless I need to.

But a little concerned how a non functioning interior camera will affect car functionality with recent restrictions. When it failed before I didn’t even realise it was non functional until Tesla introduced the all camera views.

Wow, spend a couple of days away from the forum and the update thread goes mad!

So, here’s my experience, though it’s similar to others I’ve read, so far.

Did a 150 mile roundtrip mostly on the motorway. Got a shock with the new camera-enabled AP monitoring. Every time I turned my head to talk to the rugrat in the back seat I had the car telling me off. Definitely no taking one’s eyes off the road! Noticed this only happened on the way out during daylight. On the return trip at night I tested by moving my head around and had no warnings.

Auto wipers definitely seems to have been changed. They now appear even less sensitive than before. Frustratingly for me, they were pretty much spot on, before. Now I need to keep manual wiping during light spray/drizzle as the auto wipers don’t kick in. *facepalm

Speed cameras are very patchy. I only saw the average speed cameras appear on the screen. Interestingly, I did see a “leaving average speed camera zone” (or something like that) alert come up at the top of the FSD visualisation window when I was coming up to an exit average speed camera.

Had fewer brake mashing incidents when passing other cars on the motorway. Though, this could be purely down to the nature of the traffic on these drives. Still had a handful of slowdowns when passing cars that were hovering near the lane dividers.

As others have mentioned, I noted on X that the updates have been pulled. I wonder what it was they found?

I think it might depend on the age of your car - I read somewhere that Tesla only started putting the interior cameras with infrared abilities in the newer cars (2021>?). I doubt if my old car can see in the dark :oops:
Mine’s a March ‘21, the first batch from China. I don’t think I have the newer camera, as I recall the chit chat about the new cabin cameras and I definitely already had the car, at the time. So that would fit. I wonder if the newer cars with the IR cameras still nag at night time? Though, having said that, when I’ve looked at the cabin camera through sentry at night time, the quality of the image hasn’t looked bad?

I went out in very light rain. Variable time interval for wiping was appropriate, some areas the rain a bit heavier, and speed (and rain collected) variable too.

For me AUTO was a bit late. I wondered if pressing SINGLE WIPE might cause my "preference" to be taken into account, so anticipating slightly earlier than AUTO I used single-wipe, and every time it wiped the screen twice. I very much doubt I caught it exactly one-wipe-time earlier than AUTO on each occasion - such that I got my-wipe and then the auto-wipe too

maybe it has always done double-wipe when pressing stalk-button, when AUTO is engaged, but that's not my recollection

6 bug fixes in the space of a week must be some kind of record
Nope. But the use to release holiday update over Christmas so the updates use to come after Christmas.

Scrap that, just checked, it was only 3 updates, although felt like more.

But did find this series of 6. This was the infamous FWC update that some of us got. 2021.4.18 was basically a general release of 2021.4.15.x. I think this was the update that made me change to standard settings.
1703273149093.png

Nope. But the use to release holiday update over Christmas so the updates use to come after Christmas.

Scrap that, just checked, it was only 3 updates, although felt like more.

But did find this series of 6. This was the infamous FWC update that some of us got. 2021.4.18 was basically a general release of 2021.4.15.x. I think this was the update that made me change to standard settings.
View attachment 1002178
Yep. Got that lot plus 4.18.3 on the 11th June
you were short-changed 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger