Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that Tesla may have produced cars that weren't complete due to a supply shortage...or possibly just car sales that didn't go thru? Would that be the reason for May 2021 builds just landing at the delivery centers in October?
I don’t know. One was damaged. Perhaps all three needed work of some sort. The other vehicles going to other sites were newer build dates, so not all are May builds.

Reactions: MEL-22 and Pdubs
Took delivery of the car today, and I’m actually really impressed with the build quality. They must have made some changes since the end of quarter push, or I have a great copy. I brought the checklist of all the issues to look out for and nothing came up!

The power on the long range is pretty extraordinary. We are coming from a 2018 75d that I drive hard and my wife doesn’t even flinch. I did a 0-100mph run and she actually screamed. The difference in power makes our 75d seem like a Honda Accord, with a huge bump in high end power. I’m really glad I went LR and not plaid.

If anyone in LA wants a ride to hold them over the long wait, I’m happy to meet up.
Want to meet in Lake Nona? I'll buy lunch at Nona Blue!

I was expecting to get my car in December, but I received a VIN this morning and they want me to pick it up next week. However it’s an older VIN, MF430XXX. I ordered in July. I’m not sure that I want a reject or a car that’s a few months old. ???
I'd do it, but I'm feeling that old McDonalds generation thing kick in. I don't know how @sflgator held out as long as he did. I'd even go blue at this point.

HA!!! Happy Friday special… EDD literally just got pushed by a month. Now Nov 29 - Dec 27. EDD in the APP is different than the web page. 😂😂😂 I guess it might as well be a Q1 ‘22 delivery at this rate… Tesla… sigh. Can’t make this stuff up.

Attachments

• D731E527-77D6-4160-AEFC-CE8B1293FC4D.jpeg
    D731E527-77D6-4160-AEFC-CE8B1293FC4D.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 6C3C85BC-A03E-4DF9-B7B3-1F5E9B77D8DD.jpeg
    6C3C85BC-A03E-4DF9-B7B3-1F5E9B77D8DD.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 62
I’ve sent an email to my SA asking him. He’s not very timely in responding, but he always does and usually has decent info. I’ll pass along whatever he says when he gets back to me - probably next week.

I might even just ask to be lumped in with the Jan 22 delivery to avoid the stress. But asking to be delayed by Tesla just feels like a bad idea.
From what I read on here, you get put at the top of the list for when your configuration is scheduled to be at your SC. However, I don’t know 100%. Maybe someone can clarify this info
Here is what I got from my SA today… I sent him a follow up to clarify what does “back in the queue” mean hoping he’ll say as we assume, top of the list for local SC order fulfillment. I’ll confirm when I hear back.

“On the worst-case scenario, where you are not able to make it back in time to pick up your car, the VIN would be released, and you would go back into the queue to wait for the next VIN to be assigned to you. Once that VIN is assigned, we can provide you with a tighter delivery window at that time.”

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22 and Vinny860
And speculation is that it's software restricted... If that's the case, a "performance upgrade" package later wouldn't surprise me at all.
Driving it and feeling the power pick up significantly past 50mph software limited on the low end. I will be surprised if there isn’t a performance upgrade in the future.

Honestly, the only time I really needed more power was at 70+ with my 2018 75d, and the refreshed LR is nuts after 40mph. I found myself accidentally doing 110 overtaking someone on the freeway today.

I thought I would regret not ordering the plaid version, I’m so happy I went LR.

EDD October 25 - November 14....still..... No VIN. Expecting this to be kicked out today or tomorrow ..... for the 13th EDD range change in 2 months.
Same here. I got called for my X to change it for delivery in q4 and asked about my S. He said its looking like mid nov for sure but no vin yet. My Edd is the same as urs

Reactions: MEL-22 and Louiedog
Same here. I got called for my X to change it for delivery in q4 and asked about my S. He said its looking like mid nov for sure but no vin yet. My Edd is the same as urs
We have same config. My only point of optimism is that @Ryanflynn also has the exact same config, and he picked his up yesterday in SoCal. Hoping that yours and mine are in the same batch as Mr. Flynn.

Reactions: Ryanflynn