Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12 - Updated browser, software on demand, new games and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's kind of a funny situation right now.

Europeans are jealous that North Americans get ULC on Navigate on Autopilot

North Americans are jealous that Europeans get all these new features that we don't have yet. The updated software updates feature should make it a lot easier for people without daily access to wifi. That way they can check for updates while at a coffee shop.

US 2019.12 release notes, got the notification around 10PM PDT

I’m in California, Early Release from the referral program. But this is the first time I received an update before it was even on TeslaFi or ev-fw

I was previously on 8.5 which I got Thursday night

C6BA926E-06F8-4D3D-A08D-1A62BF7073DB.jpeg
301F4A3B-FD4A-4E9B-ACD8-B9C7287E58FC.jpeg
8FE7BF10-497B-46CD-8D6D-A44DD9DFC0DD.jpeg
E063D25A-47FC-444F-A9F8-2001CDE3C6D5.jpeg
2E3CB936-941F-478E-8FFC-C0BD2AFAD47A.jpeg

Reactions: MelaniainLA
yea, some nice things. Nolan is going to hate me for say this, but as a person involved in this development decades ago, I still don't understand the mentality behind putting Atari in the car. I get it that people like games, have fun, but I rather get out of the car to stretch and walk instead of sitting in the car to play games. :)

Some of it is to keep the programmers or software engineers entertained not necessarily the customers.

I'm confused by the auto high beam thing- isn't that how it always worked? (switching down to low beams if it sees an oncoming car)
I thought so, but maybe it just means there’s been improvements to auto high beam. I really hope that’s what it means at least, just last night I used it on 2019.8.5 and it was turning the high beams on when there was a car about 200-300 feet away. Brake lights were clearly visible and yet auto high beam thought it was appropriate to turn on. It definitely needs some work.

I think that this is now for when you manually engage high beams, whereas before the high beams only dimmed if the system turned them on.

• Helpful
Reactions: APotatoGod
Probably not. Wasn’t data speed, it was the browser. Why not go out and test? :)

Ha, first time I went out to the driveway, I didn’t need to explain myself. Second time, 2 minutes later, I was trying to explain I needed more detailed photos for TMC since I got a new firmware update earlier than most people and I needed to answer some questions. I was met with a blank stare as I went out the front door as if she thought I was sneaking out for quick fix or something. If my wife goes to bed first, then I might sneak out. Otherwise, it’ll be less to explain if I just test it tomorrow morning. :)

Ha, first time I went out to the driveway, I didn’t need to explain myself. Second time, 2 minutes later, I was trying to explain I needed more detailed photos for TMC since I got a new firmware update earlier than most people and I needed to answer some questions. I was met with a blank stare as I went out the front door as if she thought I was sneaking out for quick fix or something. If my wife goes to bed first, then I might sneak out. Otherwise, it’ll be less to explain if I just test it tomorrow morning. :)

Before you could stage firmware updates for the app, my wife would be bewildered when I'm go to the underground garage in my pajamas at 3am to be sure that I woke up to a completed update!

Great stuff. I'm really curious what Tesla did to sustain the torque/power at high speeds for longer periods and what the actual numbers are and at what "high" speeds is it actually noticeable. Would be good to see some solid testing comparisons on a dyno as well.