Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to go against the trend and say that I don't like the updates to the media interface. The biggest annoyance is that the media window doesn't stay maximized when selecting a streaming station. It goes back to the completely minimized state after each time a new station is tapped. I liked being able to tap on random stations in the media player to browse them and now instead of being able to stay on the maximized screen to do that, you have to re-maximize the media player every time. This is much worse than the previous interface.

I don't like the new way that sources are selected on the maximized interface either. Having the separate button to make sources selectable from the the minimized player is fine, but on the maximized window, there's no need for it. Instead of keeping them in tabs on the to get to each source quickly, it adds an unnecessary tap to bring up the sub-menu every time.

Uh, no. It adds a major feature which has been missing, plus an important UI navigation improvement. Not just bug fixes and optimization.

To clarify, I think what INatM was saying is that 2018.18.3 specifically only added bugfixes compared to 2018.18.2 and 2018.18.1. The UI and auto-high beams were also in those earlier releases, right?

I'm going to go against the trend and say that I don't like the updates to the media interface. The biggest annoyance is that the media window doesn't stay maximized when selecting a streaming station. It goes back to the completely minimized state after each time a new station is tapped. I liked being able to tap on random stations in the media player to browse them and now instead of being able to stay on the maximized screen to do that, you have to re-maximize the media player every time. This is much worse than the previous interface.
Maybe they could have a double tap for select station and minimize, and a single tap for select and remain like it was before.