Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 222034 $TSLA hourly chart tremendous underlying strength higher prices coming this week maybe as early as tomorrow bollinger breakout coming

Well there you go again, TrendTrader007, coaxing TSLA's SP to break out above the upper bollinger band again, just as I suggested the stock was set up for a nice, sensible rise within the bb. Clearly, I'm not going to get any beauty sleep tomorrow morning, as these tired eyes scan the computer monitor to see what this next Tesla Monday will bring.

I see Nasdaq showing TSLA at 306 now.

upload_2017-4-10_10-16-1.png

Also up to approx same level in Frankfurt.

Piper Jaffray upgraded Tesla to overweight with PT $368 ($223 previously). Some details from the note: After driving Tesla for 7 months, Piper upgrades shares to Overweight

Notable quotes:

After driving a Tesla for seven months, and conducting investor meetings with the company last week, Piper Jaffray analyst Alexander Potter upgraded Tesla to Overweight from Neutral and raised his price target for the shares to $368 from $223.

Potter is more convinced following meetings with management that Model 3 deliveries will begin in 2017.

$TSLA so basically $300 did turn out to be the new floor for this stock now all the $400 $500 2019 and 2018 calls don't look so far fetched
above average returns r based on reasonable positions
Out of world stellar returns only come with crazy super leveraged ones
Period.
$TSLA again just my personal philosophy
clearly NOT an advice to anyone
Do NOT do this at home
Time 4 me 2 take a break enjoy my profits

Last edited:
In the meantime, there is business as usual in Shortsville: on Friday there were 285k shares borrowed for shorting (as caught by the trading screen snap shots), and 109k covered for a net shorted 176K shares.

Today, between 8:00am and 8:12am there were additional 163k shares borrowed for shorting, still 51k shares available for shorting.

snap1.png

Buy more at open or should I wait
Totally depends on your time frame. Long term you should already be loaded up. Medium term things are looking great with the breakout and then retest of $300 but anything can happen. Short term we may get a gap and fade this morning to retest $305 area or Friday's close, giving a better short term buying opportunity, but we may get a gap and go and break $310 and not look back.

Last edited:
Totally depends on your time frame. Long term you should already be loaded up. Medium term things are looking great with the breakout and then retest of $300 but anything can happen. Short term we may get a gap and fade this morning to retest $305 area or Friday's close, giving a better short term buying opportunity, but we may get a gap and go and break $210 and not look back.
This is my conundrum also.
Pre-market volume is heavy. Probably end up being 2/3 premarket volume that we saw last Monday morning after delivery info was released! Stock went up another 12 bucks during regular trading hours that day.

Totally depends on your time frame. Long term you should already be loaded up. Medium term things are looking great with the breakout and then retest of $300 but anything can happen. Short term we may get a gap and fade this morning to retest $305 area or Friday's close, giving a better short term buying opportunity, but we may get a gap and go and break $210 and not look back.
For the record I increased my exposure Friday in anticipation of a strong day today so I will be hedging some of my positions this morning most likely. Not because I think we won't gap and go (I have no idea) but because I am very heavily exposed with short term options right now and I generally only like to do stock and LEAPS. When my plan works for short term options (gap up today) it means I should reduce some of my risk. If we do fill the gap I can then unhedge my longs and be ready for another move up. If we keep going I at least locked in some good profits.

As far as long term stuff I already made that position all less than $200/share and won't be adding to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.