Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ran so much that it's incredibly risky to buy at these levels.
Really! I just bought $130k worth at $297 at open plus another few at $302 as well as a bunch of calls on TSLA. I'm glad you think it's incredibly risky to buy at these levels. I'm buying with both hands and for the first time since November 2016 my stock holdings in TSLA are at an all time high. Maybe I'm delusional but I totally believe that buying TSLA at $300 is actually safer than buying it at $182. But it's just me and I tend to get a bit carried away at times

To get to a somewhat reasonable (although still quite high) short interest of 10M, about 20M shares need to be bought. This is probably more that the total current share float. I don't understand how this is going to work. Please, nobody else try to buy shares or you could cause a real problem.
Nah, it's not that high. Days to cover is only 7 or 8... (which is still ridiculous). I do expect to see some margin calls on the shorters...

True but why buy at a price that may take a while for the stock to reach again. Us long term investors have to manage risk, too.
Well, for various reasons my choices in my IRA were "buy stock, let it sit for years", or "leave it in cash, hope there's a better opportunity to buy later". Which there might not be.

With the money *outside* my IRA, you know, I can, like, spend it... so there's more value to having it liquid...

For the real Elliot Wave theorists out there (I'm a tourist), if we assume that the first run up from 180 to 280 is motive wave 1, and the recent pullback from 280 to 240 is wave 2. Then we are beginning wave 3.

Points about wave 3.

My understanding is that typically it is the strongest motive wave and will almost always be longer than wave 1. Thus we will likely see SP exceeding 340 (240 to 340) with this wave.

Also wave 4 (down wave) cannot be below the upper peak of wave 1 (with rare exceptions). Thus the lowest point wave 4 will go down to will be 280-290 (new support).

After that... not sure.

Is this correct?

And yes, I apologize, haven't been able to finish my Elliot wave theory books, yet.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
For the real Elliot Wave theorists out there (I'm a tourist), if we assume that the first run up from 180 to 280 is motive wave 1, and the recent pullback from 280 to 240 is wave 2. Then we are beginning wave 3.

Points about wave 3.

My understanding is that typically it is the strongest motive wave and will almost always be longer than wave 1. Thus we will likely see SP exceeding 340 (240 to 340) with this wave.

Also wave 4 (down wave) cannot be below the upper peak of wave 1 (with rare exceptions). Thus the lowest point wave 4 will go down to will be 280-290 (new support).

After that... not sure.

Is this correct?

And yes, I apologize, haven't been able to finish my Elliot wave theory books, yet.

After that there is M3 coming in which won't be a wave but a huge tsunami that's gonna destroy everything on its way.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Am I seeing a nice short term (end of day) sup and hadle here?

Attachments

• cup and handle tsla 2017-04-04.PNG
    cup and handle tsla 2017-04-04.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.