Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company's financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles."

Uh yea, so like, disregard Tesla Energy.... cuz, u know, it's, like, worth zero:oops:

No that's because the name of the letter is : Tesla Q1 2017 Vehicle Production and Deliveries

That's normal for this industry, Tesla energy depends much more other factors than just production and deliveries, so that's why they can't incorporate the results into the same letter.
The Q1 final financial statement will give you all the infos you need about Tesla Energy, don't worry.

o_O
No that's because the name of the letter is : Tesla Q1 2017 Vehicle Production and Deliveries

That's normal for this industry, Tesla energy depends much more other factors than just production and deliveries, so that's why they can't incorporate the results into the same letter.
The Q1 final financial statement will give you all the infos you need about Tesla Energy, don't worry.

Not worried as Messrs Ch--os y Ms should be

Was planning to add a few DITM LEAPS tomorrow to help cover the M3 later this year...
But you guys won't shut the hell up-

So, I sent a communique to the Ruskies that Tesla was about to render their oil reserves useless. They replied:
'Swarm of Fake News attack bots on the way - short the TSLA'

So now I've got that going for me...:cool:

Don.t you worry Ken. SA already has the first article out indicating that the Q1 delivery numbers show that they are having production problems and demand is dropping:eek:. True. I would link it but I don't want to 'click bait' it.:rolleyes:

Hope so.
But what could happen is a jump to 285-288 in the first 2 hours, and then a fall back to 278 and maybe a close around 276.
Why ? That's a mystery (for me), but it's not the first time that good news get this effect.

I don't think we'll see that type of trading, and here's why. The greatest instance of brief peak and then the swan dive happened with the 3Q16 delivery numbers and ER. They were both epic, but the positive trading after these events lasted only briefly. Why? Because of two qualities of the stock: uncertainty about the near future and strong, creative selling by the shorts to take advantage of that uncertainty. The uncertainty came about because of concerns about the November elections and the SolarCity merger. When those uncertainties disappeared, TSLA started heading up, big time. The big dog shorts have been jumping ship lately, and the short manipulations are far weaker than what we saw previously. Then came the slow-but-steady buying by the institutional investors, which caused both upward pressure on the SP and higher volumes (which makes the manipulations by shorts much more difficult). So, overall I think we're in a much different environment than we were just months ago.

But I would gladly have you manage my funds without batting an eye. I believe you truly invest with your whole heart. Whereas you be overly optimistic at times, your faith is unwavering, and it is those who believe in the implausible that achieve the impossible. People don't know you, and skeptics of your intentions will come and definitely go- but at the end of the day their opinions make no difference at all. You're a unicorn in the world- rare, priceless, and spectacular. I am lucky to know you.
Wasn't Mr. Chanos's short position about $25mm worth? I'm thinking it won't take 5 years......
my holdings are relatively obsolete, but thanks to Trendtrader007 my returns are 17 percent in three weeks.
I am extremely naive to the stock market, but have seen the hours he spends over charts with a fine tooth comb, and therefore have surrendered 20 percent of all my savings to his supervision.
I am not an ambitious woman in terms of finance, but feel success will be obtained regardless on my behalf. I know at the very least a Model 3 will be coming soon.

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Wasn't Mr. Chanos's short position about $25mm worth? I'm thinking it won't take 5 years......
Shorts are screwed big time pal! I got a $400k long call options position as an antidote to shorts. Time to make some real money in my calls
$TSLA nothing pleases me more than shorts getting their comeuppance

Last edited:
Except that sometimes the stock is surprising even with good news : high jump at the opening hour and then it fall back lower than even previously to the good news...dammit

Yeah, like Papafox said, there was hangover concern from the SCTY merger and other things weighing down sentiment. Sentiment is pointing the other direction now. Very different situation.

"Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company's financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles."

Uh yea, so like, disregard Tesla Energy.... cuz, u know, it's, like, worth zero:oops:

They didn't say that, they just didn't mention it. They could have made a billion dollars for all we know (they didn't fyi). They simply aren't providing TE numbers at this time.

Hope so.
But what could happen is a jump to 285-288 in the first 2 hours, and then a fall back to 278 and maybe a close around 276.
Why ? That's a mystery (for me), but it's not the first time that good news get this effect.

Nope, this will be a gap-and-go. At Friday's valuations, it is shocking how high we can go on a relatively small % gain:

last close: $ 278.30
4% $ 289.43
6% $ 295.00
8% $ 300.56
10% $ 306.13
12% $ 311.70

Status
Not open for further replies.