Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like today is shaping up as another day primed for a robust shorting. Fidelity seem to make more shares available for shorting (445k at 8:02am) and dropped interest rate from 1.75% yesterday to 0.75% today. There were net of 294k shares shorted yesterday. Note that at 1:22 there was more than 30ok increase in shares available for shorting, but combination of "supplies" getting low and SP action preceding this time did not led me to believe that it could be attributed to covering. Looked like Fidelity just making more shares available.

snap1.png

Looks like today is shaping up as another day primed for a robust shorting. Fidelity seem to make more shares available for shorting (445k at 8:02am) and dropped interest rate from 1.75% yesterday to 0.75% today. There were net of 294k shares shorted yesterday. Note that at 1:22 there was more than 30ok increase in shares available for shorting, but combination of "supplies" getting low and SP action preceding this time did not led me to believe that it could be attributed to covering. Looked like Fidelity just making more shares available.

View attachment 216673

Trying to understand the implications of what Fidelity is doing here and their motivation (other than the obvious, which is to make money). Could this be this related to Maxpain's SP of $260 for this Friday? Is Fidelity being forced into offering these shares at a reduced interest rate to minimize their exposure to Friday's $260 price? Sorry if this is an obvious question but I am always trying to learn. If this is the case, then Fidelity must not be seeing any type of recovery by Friday. Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
Nice reduction in trade fees announced by Fidelity for those of you who trade frequently.

Fidelity slashes fees on stock and ETF trades to $4.95

They have also changed the terms on the share loaning (MSLA).

"Fees for Loan section which has been updated to reflect a more objective, automated rate-setting methodology. whereby loan contracts will be rerated automatically based on an industry standard third-party benchmark loan rate for each security on loan."

It looks like this is the reason for the reduced borrowing rate.

My shares of TSLA are currently loaned out at .75%, this is probably going to change once they cover.

Last edited:
Negated, refuted by the price action of the market.
Thanks Drax7 - I was wondering if negated might have meant they could 'retract' their recent analysis. It might be career suicide for the author to have written that piece to perhaps simply bring the share price down to a pre-arranged sale price somewhere near the current price, but he seems to be little more than a paid assassin anyways. Live by the sword......................

Do you think we may simply hear that there was a cap raise at-or-near 250 sometime after the market closes today or before it opens tomorrow? If that was the case, we my return to the launching pad as fast as we splashed down over the last couple days.

Reactions: Drax7
Status
Not open for further replies.