Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 90D - $49K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most with AP2 would agree it is better but there are many on AP1 who still claim their cars are better.

AP1 won't get any major new functionality but AP2 cars have features such as Navigate on Autopilot and will continue to get major new features. AP2+ cars are also upgradeable to AP3 if Full Self Driving (FSD) is purchased.
I think most who have both AP’s will agree that AP1 still has fewer glitches than 2 but AP2 is getting much better than it was. The only 2 negatives I see to AP1 is that Tesla doesn’t continue to upgrade it most likely because they don’t want to extend the moving target too far ahead of their in house project and the lack of understanding from many new owners of how good AP1 works.

I think most who have both AP’s will agree that AP1 still has fewer glitches than 2 but AP2 is getting much better than it was

Truth. As someone who has both AP1 and AP2, I would have to say there are more features with AP2 but AP1 is better if you just compare the same exact functions. In other words, if you take just the common functions and features between the two, one will realize AP1 is better. It’s more rock solid. Just doesn’t have all the bells and whistles.

Reactions: Sunshine State