Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q4 Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said at this time....and then went on to talk about minor, minimal and moderate all in the context of dilution. I am pro-Tesla all the way but how in the heck are they going to do this without a capital raising event? CNBC had a Tesla bull who acknowledged that 4Q is when they may have to do this. I am just saying...

Also, I seem to be on about a 2 minute delay. I tuned in at about 6:10CST which may have been my problem.

If their cash flow positive is going to start happening in spite of capex in Q4 of this year, then no... we shouldn't need much in the way of raising funds. Most of the dilution will be shares given to employees not a capital raising.

He said at this time....and then went on to talk about minor, minimal and moderate all in the context of dilution. I am pro-Tesla all the way but how in the heck are they going to do this without a capital raising event? CNBC had a Tesla bull who acknowledged that 4Q is when they may have to do this. I am just saying...

Also, I seem to be on about a 2 minute delay. I tuned in at about 6:10CST which may have been my problem.

Tesla has consistently said all along that Model S and X would fund Model 3. Obviously they raised money for Gigafactory, but there's not much else they need to do. New paint line is going to be able to paint 10k cars per week. And whatever else he meant when he said they've already invested a lot into future profits. Elon is way ahead of us. Just now the comment he made about cash flow coming in during 2020 is going to be staggering. They've got BIG plans and they've already figured out how to get there without diluting shareholders.

The first version of Model 3 will not be very adventurous so they can ensure to meet the timeline in the 2nd half of 2017. The second version (I read that as the equivalent of a Model X on the Gen 3 platform) will be the more adventurous version since they will have more time. This should bode well for demand of the Model 3 since it should look like a rather "plain" car.

The first version of Model 3 will not be very adventurous so they can ensure to meet the timeline in the 2nd half of 2017. The second version (I read that as the equivalent of a Model X on the Gen 3 platform) will be the more adventurous version since they will have more time. This should bode well for demand of the Model 3 since it should look like a rather "plain" car.

I hope they are smart enough to make model 3 being able to be retrofitted to 3.5

Wow, that just gave me goosebumps. What Elon said about stationary battery for in the home probably being launched in the next few months and produced within six months. Especially the nonchalant way he talks about it. This must be news to many people (incl. me).