Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Coming Soon Superchargers - location unknown so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The speculation over in the New England forum is that the location near Portsmouth, NH (marked "Seabrook, ME" in your list) is at one of the nearby Simon properties:
  • Mall at Fox Run, Newington NH
  • Premium Outlets, Kittery ME

The speculation on the "Worcester MA" site is favoring either:
  • Mass Pike Charlton rest stops (separate stops, east- and west-bound)
  • Center at Hobbs Brooks, Sturbridge MA (in light of the fact that Diarmud gave a press interview saying that there'd be a SC in Sturbridge)

1. Post Falls, ID

Coeur d'Alene is at the crossroads of I-90 and US-95, a north-south route, but it's probably a good idea to check Post Falls too for permits etc.

5. La Jolla, CA
6. San Ysidro, CA

Two in the San Diego area? I would think only one, and probably not San Ysidro since it's not on the way to anything except Mexico.

8. Nipton, NV

Do you mean Primm, on I-15 just inside the Nevada state line?

9. Nephi, UT

We have intelligence that it will be by exit 222, but exact location is unknown

15. Gananoque, ON

I think this is Kingston, at the Empire movie theater on Division St near the 401.

Coeur d'Alene is at the crossroads of I-90 and US-95, a north-south route, but it's probably a good idea to check Post Falls too for permits etc.

Also, Post Falls is 83 mi from Ritzville - it makes more sense to stretch that a bit farther (Ellensburg to Ritzville is 113). I've always assumed the SC in northern ID would be in CDA. If the next I90 SC is close to Missoula then every mile closer matters. Though, they could put an SC in St Regis. (though, going by the END OF 2014 map is probably an exercise in near randomness).

I'd also like to point out that there is a least one permitted SC (Goodland, KS) that doesn't show up on the COMING SOON map (nor the END OF 2014, which has a dot in what looks like Burlington, CO).

Kevin & air,

According to a post on the Macon GA supercharger site, the contractor onsite said that he was going to Huntersville NC next. Huntersville is 17 miles diagonally across I-85 and about ~2 exits west from Concord NC. There is an uncompleted segment of the I-485 Charlotte circumferential highway, which I think is presently under construction, which might influence the choice of location.

Also Huntersville is the hometown of Leilani Munter, who both posts on this forum and has really good Tesla contacts. I'm sure she would be very interested in a supercharger in her hometown. I don't know her personally but she has met several local Tesla owners here in Charleston. We need to get her on the case.

Kevin & air,

According to a post on the Macon GA supercharger site, the contractor onsite said that he was going to Huntersville NC next. Huntersville is 17 miles diagonally across I-85 and about ~2 exits west from Concord NC. There is an uncompleted segment of the I-485 Charlotte circumferential highway, which I think is presently under construction, which might influence the choice of location.

Also Huntersville is the hometown of Leilani Munter, who both posts on this forum and has really good Tesla contacts. I'm sure she would be very interested in a supercharger in her hometown. I don't know her personally but she has met several local Tesla owners here in Charleston. We need to get her on the case.

Huntersville, NC - "There have been some talks about potential charging stations in our region, but we’re not aware of any related to Tesla at this time. That said, that is something we’re certainly willing to discuss, should the opportunity arise."

I think Huntersville is an odd location. I think Tesla will stick to I-85.

Too bad you can't zoom into the Coming Soon map. Maybe Belmont or Charlotte itself?

The speculation over in the New England forum is that the location near Portsmouth, NH (marked "Seabrook, ME" in your list) is at one of the nearby Simon properties:
  • Mall at Fox Run, Newington NH
  • Premium Outlets, Kittery ME

The speculation on the "Worcester MA" site is favoring either:
  • Mass Pike Charlton rest stops (separate stops, east- and west-bound)
  • Center at Hobbs Brooks, Sturbridge MA (in light of the fact that Diarmud gave a press interview saying that there'd be a SC in Sturbridge)

Has anyone in the New England area been able to detect any permit activity near Sturbridge, MA (/Charlton/Auburn/Worcester) or Portsmouth, NH(/Seabrook/Newington/Kittery ME)?
I'm getting really concerned that nothing seems to be going on up that way that would suggest completion before end of 2014.

Last edited:
I think thats why he omitted it from the list. We have it on our map, just waiting for the permit to come along - http://supercharge.redshiftsoft.com/

Sorry. I missed that. I do hope that marker isn't where it's going. That area of the parking lot will mean it will be ICE'd. Sadly there are not a lot of good spots in that lot. Across the street at Greenridge would have been a better choice (more shops,sidewalks, more restaurants and more spots that are less likely to be ICE'd).

Sorry. I missed that. I do hope that marker isn't where it's going. That area of the parking lot will mean it will be ICE'd. Sadly there are not a lot of good spots in that lot. Across the street at Greenridge would have been a better choice (more shops,sidewalks, more restaurants and more spots that are less likely to be ICE'd).

Not to worry. Unfortunately I believe The Point is the location. Please see the dedicated thread - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/29790-Supercharger-Greenville-SC