Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 $40k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vehicle is still under full warranty until 56,000 miles. I believe the extended warranty could also be purchased if the buyer were interested. Per Tesla terms you have 30 days and 1,000 miles after the original warranty expires to do that. There is also the 8 year, "infinite" mile warranty on the battery and drive unit.

Vehicle is still under full warranty until 56,000 miles. I believe the extended warranty could also be purchased if the buyer were interested. Per Tesla terms you have 30 days and 1,000 miles after the original warranty expires to do that. There is also the 8 year, "infinite" mile warranty on the battery and drive unit.

FYI the original owner must purchase the extended warranty before the car is transferred to the new owner. I would highly recommend the extended warranty to any prospective buyer. It's nice not having to worry about any expensive repairs and the service centers are really great about taking care of any issues you may find; I just had a sunroof and rear taillight leak repaired last week free of charge :)

FYI the original owner must purchase the extended warranty before the car is transferred to the new owner. I would highly recommend the extended warranty to any prospective buyer. It's nice not having to worry about any expensive repairs and the service centers are really great about taking care of any issues you may find; I just had a sunroof and rear taillight leak repaired last week free of charge :)

I'm almost positive they changed that. I THINK the current owner can buy the warranty as long as it is eligible. I believe the chance was made about 4 months ago.

EDIT: Yes, the Tesla web page changed the verbiage and now the owner, not just the original owner, can buy the extended warranty. Only exclusion now is that you can't buy an extended warranty if you buy your car from a dealership. Has to be from Tesla or a Tesla owner.

Can anyone purchase an Extended Service Agreement?
Owners (excluding 3rd party dealers and vehicles purchased from a 3rd party dealer) with Model S or X vehicles subject to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty which are still within the eligible purchase period can purchase the Extended Service Agreement.

What is the eligible purchase period for Tesla Extended Service Agreements, and what do they cover?
You may purchase the Extended Service Agreement no later than 30 days or 1,000 miles (1,600 km), whichever occurs first, past the expiration of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The Extended Service Agreement covers the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of most parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla during the coverage period, excluding the vehicle’s lithium-ion battery and drive unit, which have their own separate warranty.

Warranty Info

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Only time i'll ever say this, the price is too low. Most these other sellers be like: "It's a 2012 MS 40kw with 60k miles, asking 100k, firm!"

I'm not so sure the price is THAT low. I think the seller is smart enough to know that in 3 months when the M3 starts production, these older MS's will be a tough sell. Think about it. Who is really going to pay $40 or $50k for a 4 to 5 year old MS when they can get a nicely equipped M3 for around the same price or a little more? I mean, the M3 may not be quite as nice as the S, but it WILL have AP. Granted, it may take a little while to see the full effect since the M3 has such a large back order, but you can bet that the older S's are going to take a huge hit over the next 12 months. Look for a 2013 MS to be around $26-32k this time next year. Bank on it.

Reactions: Hixson
After all of this discussion - what is the price of the car?
Don't get the comparisons of MS and M3. If I'm shopping for a MS, new or used, I'm not even thinking about the M3. Two different classes completely.

Well, you must not have listened to the ER call yesterday. Elon said the exact same thing - that they are worried the S will cannibalize the M3. Just do a google search for "cannibalize tesla model s" and click on news. You'll see tons of articles about it.

Granted, I do get your point.

12,000 vin range, no parking sensors, yes on power liftgate, has all options available when it was built in mid-2013, except air suspension. No modifications. I have the rear glass sun shade and the floor mat for the rear facing child seats. Currently the spoiler is not attached to the car (never was) so that could be included in the deal, but I may sell spoiler separately instead. Cyclone wheels.

Tesla is offering 41K so it will have to be more than that to be worth the additional effort of private sale. But I am happy to make it work because this is a good deal for someone.