Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 P85 Pack Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe you can check the Tesla API or use something like VisibleTesla or Teslafi to see whether this is just a cosmetic thing.

The API should return option code PF01 and X024 for Legacy Performance Package.

VisibleTesla gives it in a more human readable manner under the details button.

As a P85 owner and a bit of a nerd... I am actually very interested in what the computer thinks it is... and what this may mean in the future with Tesla replacing the battery with better and newer packs

Maybe you can check the Tesla API or use something like VisibleTesla or Teslafi to see whether this is just a cosmetic thing.

The API should return option code PF01 and X024 for Legacy Performance Package.

VisibleTesla gives it in a more human readable manner under the details button.

As a P85 owner and a bit of a nerd... I am actually very interested in what the computer thinks it is... and what this may mean in the future with Tesla replacing the battery with better and newer packs
Visible Tesla does still show it as a P85. So from that perspective the performance option is still there but it also shows the BT85 battery code which is physically no longer present in the car.

Hopefully I will find out today what the complete picture is.

IMG_20180129_170512.jpg
Adobe_20180129_180144.png

What ^ he said... cos while I have no idea how the software works on the Tesla... or the most of us for that matter... barring @wk057...

Despite what it says it is a... what does it really think it is...?

Does it say it is a 90 and think it is a 90?
or
Does it say it is a 90 but still think it is a P85?

Because depending on how the software's logic works... the results can be very different...

They said that I probably wouldn't notice a difference. On the way home it was wet out and my all season tires need to be replaced. Last summer instead of replacing them I went ahead and got 21" wheels and max performance summer tires.

Also I need to find out if my drive unit has ever been replaced and if so with what revision. I am fairly certain that it has just don't know what rev is in it.

Next step is to get on the CAN bus through the diagnostic port and see what the output is at full throttle.

What ^ he said... cos while I have no idea how the software works on the Tesla... or the most of us for that matter... barring @wk057...

Despite what it says it is a... what does it really think it is...?

Does it say it is a 90 and think it is a 90?
or
Does it say it is a 90 but still think it is a P85?

Because depending on how the software's logic works... the results can be very different...
The email I got from Tesla when I requested they get that from engineering is
"Hi Tyson,

This is the information that I found. It’s the drive unit that gets you the added performance so, you now have a P90. Since we don’t actually make one of those the only avatar that will appear on your display would be a 90"

What's you new 100%? Are you going to change your signature in the forum and confuse the heck out of people?
Lol, I just may! Don't know what the 100 or 90 is quite yet as I just picked it up this afternoon. I will be charging to 100% tonight and will report my 100 and as close to my 90 as I can. I want to say on the very first charge after they changed it that the 90 was about 255-260. My calculated 100% is ~288.

Reactions: Olds442
There is no P90 in the software... so I'm not quite sure what they would have set your car's configuration to in order to make it both a 90 and a P. The only way I was able to do this was by making the car believe it was a P90D using some fake front motor trickery.

Interesting for sure.

There is no P90 in the software... so I'm not quite sure what they would have set your car's configuration to in order to make it both a 90 and a P. The only way I was able to do this was by making the car believe it was a P90D using some fake front motor trickery.

Interesting for sure.
Yep, the avatar says 90 and I think that is what for the most part anyway the car thinks it is. I did do some quick wide open throttle pushes on the way home and the display indicated ~320kW of draw during those times which is in line with where it was before and we'll over what a straight RWD 85 or 90 would pull.

I am in Raleigh so maybe if I can find time I will make a road trip to your shop @wk057. Maybe you can see what they did.
Battery is a 1088790-00-A if that helps at all.

At any rate... congratulations are in order on your upgrade...

I wouldn't expect there to be a huge difference in range and the only concern is the performance (even tho myself personally would rarely use it at it's peak... its more the sake of knowing it maybe suddenly cannot due to an upgrade/downgrade... which we dont really know which yet) it all comes down to how the software works...

Whether the badging on the UI has anything to do with what it might think it is... because that part could be very different to the controlling parts of the software... because like I said before... it can actually say its a 90 but inside thinks its a P85... it all depends on whether if its 2 entirely separate function in piecing the badge together and loading whatever profiles to control the hardware...

If I were you... I'd be going crazy right now LOL

So I was looking for the PN, 1088790-00-A, and the only thing I could find was the site below. Tesla calls it a "flex pack" which allows it to be used in a variety of vehicles. S, X, P90D models as well as traditional D and even RWD models. Other than that not sure what the differences would be other than possibly updated cell chemistry to match what is being used in the newer 75 and 100 packs.

Fabbec´s Tesla HV Batterie Decoder • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde