Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll let you know about the quality as soon as I get them...sounds like the guy was in Russia somewhere. I figured for under $20, how bad could they be?

Aluminum caps would be a great idea, do let us know if you can make that happen. I would go that route if they weren't prohibitively expensive.

Here's some pics on my black P85. Sorry pics aren't great, I can try in the daylight tomorrow.

upejy6u2.jpg

equtehet.jpg

qezujuga.jpg

6evu5aty.jpg

Supposedly a ball of duct tape pressed onto the caps would do it. Some have had success using a plastic credit card and such.

It took a good bit of force to pop the center caps from the back of the Rial's, I seriously doubt the duct tape method would work with them... "Easiest" (without damaging anything) method is probably taking the wheel off unfortunately...

It took a good bit of force to pop the center caps from the back of the Rial's, I seriously doubt the duct tape method would work with them... "Easiest" (without damaging anything) method is probably taking the wheel off unfortunately...

+1.

Having recently attempted this, carrerascoot has it right. A ball of tape or credit card will definitely not work and with a pry tool there a real risk of marring the rim around the cap. Get one of the tools Amazon sells for this purpose or take off the rims to do it.

I have the Hankooks. The car handles a bit differently now, seems to be a smoother ride yet and it is easier to spin the tires on hard acceleration. I've observed a ~10% reduction in energy consumption anecdotally so far; at my 1 year anniversary (~3 weeks!) I'll finally reset trip A and compare that to my average this year (364 Wh/mi).