Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20131029_132334.jpg

I just picked up 4 grey center caps and 20 lug caps. Tesla is now using black lug caps to cover the lugs instead of power coats the lugs. They said they were getting to many complaints of damaged lugs after services.

View attachment 34263
I just picked up 4 grey center caps and 20 lug caps. Tesla is now using black lug caps to cover the lugs instead of power coats the lugs. They said they were getting to many complaints of damaged lugs after services.

I just got home to test out the fit, and it turns out the Tesla center caps are a bit smaller than the Luganos ones. I am goes to see if a mod is possible.

2013-10-29 21.29.58.jpg

Also Tire Rack sent me black lug nuts. They look much better than the caps.

For anyone that has the wheels mounted do they sitting farther out than the OEM wheels, leaving more of a gap between
rotor and the wheel?

Last edited:
Ordered the Gunmetal Luganos from Tire Rack today.

I just got home to test out the fit, and it turns out the Tesla center caps are a bit smaller than the Luganos ones. I am goes to see if a mod is possible.

View attachment 34310
Also Tire Rack sent me black lug nuts. They look much better than the caps.

For anyone that has the wheels mounted do they sitting farther out than the OEM wheels, leaving more of a gap between
rotor and the wheel?

Those Black Lugs are nice. Are they the ones that come from Tire Rack for the Luganos or are they Tesla's?

My Luganos are shipping today with black lugs, silver centre cap. Too bad they didn't make the centre caps for the Luganos the same size as Tesla 21s.
I ordered the Nokian Hakkapelliitta R2s. And I have the sensors from TSC because they say they won't work with any other sensor. The TR ones are probably fine but being in Toronto and shipping from the States I don't want to take a chance.
in the end the difference between Tesla's winter package and the Lugano/Nokian package was only $500 before taxes including shipping. But at least I have a wheel that I like and the best snow tires in the world.