Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess for $144 I would go with teslas battery. You can buy almost 3 of them for the price the Battmobile one would cost you.

Yeah... but they're a pain in the butt to replace. And after labour it costs ~$400 to have Tesla swap it out. The Battmobile battery should last >3x as long.

I think this can be greatly improved with a software fix. The issue is probably overcharging the battery... I suspect that the DC-DC converter isn't capable of lowering current enough so instead of keeping the battery on a float they let it run down then charge it back up. Hopefully they can tweek that a bit so that poor little AGM isn't tortured as bad.

OK, I just got back from vacation. I normally leave the care plugged in but as an experiment, I did not.

Over a period of a bit over 17 days, I lost 16 miles.

This, is on a 2016 refresh with energy savings on but always connected also on.

One complication is that while I was on vacation, I got a notice that an update was ready to be installed. That download might have used a bit more energy than the normal sleep.

I have a Lithium Iron, and it's doing great. Supposed to have 10x the charge cycles of AGM and 20% more than LiIon. And it can't go into thermal runaway like LiIon, due to its chemistry. I would hate it if I got stranded from the cheap C&D AGM battery.