Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 Year Anniversary of Ownership!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next week, for my birthday, we're driving up through Eastern Utah for some mountain biking in Moab, hiking in Arches, and rafting the Colorado. I've never been through this part of the country so I'm very excited about the trip. These are not places I would have thought an electric car could manage just 2 years ago. My Model S has definitely added some adventure!
Cheers.

Make sure you hit Dead Horse Point State Park!!!!! about 45 min west of Arches. See Going Cross Country a bit more leisurely starting at post #4 for a bit more info. I can't help but encourage it; as beautiful as Utah is, DHPSP is my favourite.

*edit* BTW, nice screen name !!

Last edited:
It was actually the Gandy bridge... I somehow manage to hit the span most days free and clear of other cars. Now the Howard Frankland can be fun, too. Assuming it's late at night! 4 lanes of fun, and a lot longer!

I can completely identify with the driving-more-now-that-I'm-driving-a-Tesla philosophy. My previous daily driver was an M5, averaged 8,000 mi / yr over the prior 5 years. Now, 8 months into my Tesla ownership, I just passed the 10,000 mile mark. At this rate I'll almost double my normal yearly mileage.

I'm starting to go on drives just to enjoy the scenery, to "stop and smell the roses". Just yesterday I drove up to the Western NC mountains and it was beautiful (I posted about it here - Ascent of Mt Mitchell and the Magic of Regen).

It's like therapy. What an amazing car.

Christal,

Today is MY one year anniversary, and all I can say is WOW. It will be hard to match this driving experience.

Once we get superchargers nearby, you'll find me on long, long road trips. And at 1 year, I have have zero loss of miles, still at 272 for a range charge....

Christal,

Today is MY one year anniversary, and all I can say is WOW. It will be hard to match this driving experience.

Once we get superchargers nearby, you'll find me on long, long road trips. And at 1 year, I have have zero loss of miles, still at 272 for a range charge....

Happy anniversary!!!! I don't obsess about loss of range like some, maybe because range really isn't a big deal to me. Which is why the 60 was more than enough for me, maybe. But, I am certainly happy that I haven't seen any decline in mine, either!

Here's to more superchargers opening!

Happy Birthday My Beautiful "Inspiration". You have been a total Inspiration for dozens and dozens of Engineering students, Friends, Relatives and the many Tesla Fans out there that have taken pix, waved, given Thumbs Up, and many other kinds of Tesla Moments that have made me feel like a Rock Star these past 365 days! 15,897 Miles of Pure Driving Pleasure! Btw, I wanted my name to be more visible, so I named my Driver Profile, Inspiration so it shows up at the top of my 17 inch display.

IMG_9659.JPG

IMG_9667.JPG

Last edited: