Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Service if tesla goes bankrupt within six months

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmckinstry View Post
    We don't have to worry. The world comes to an end within 6 months.
    Well, the universe IS expanding. I hadn't heard the six months figure. I may not get my Model X in time.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I know the thought when I fall into a somber mood. But since ~2009 I am increasingly convinced that TESLA will go on and change the world. No doubts left.
    I just make a confession now (due to this thread already started): I always thought (before ~2008) that Elon Musk's life must be really endangered. In my opinion there were uncountable people killed in oil-related wars/"business" in the past decades (where destruction of whatsoever never was no obstacle). I thought that TESLA/the men behind it - as a threat to the same "business field" (mighty ennemies) - must be in high danger.
    Sometimes I still think that there must be some evil dudes who are hopping mad now that they overlooked what was nascent there. TESLA could have been stopped at past times.

Blog Entries
    Even if Tesla doesn't make it financially through the next six months - and I think it will - there's no way everything they have done will be thrown into the dustbin. There is far too much value there. Someone will purchase it. Probably Daimler.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Responding to the title of the thread alone...

Perhaps someone has a collation of links that might help the OP and others get a feel for "what is servicing like for owners of vehicles produced by manufacturers that have since closed their doors". Tucker, Delorean and Saab owner stories might provide an interesting spectrum of "owner life" a couple years from now.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

P85 S791, PWt/Wt/CF trim joefee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Even if Tesla doesn't make it financially through the next six months - and I think it will - there's no way everything they have done will be thrown into the dustbin. There is far too much value there. Someone will purchase it. Probably Daimler.
    +1 or many other of the big 5 for 50 per share !

"The next six months for Tesla are going to be tough. I think six months from now, we'll know whether it will survive or not. And I think it will. But the next six months will determine that."

Elon's word is good enough for me. This is in the same statement that's causing all the fuss. He's just a brutally honest person and it's what makes him a very good CEO.

Toyota or MB will buy them if they get into trouble. Toyota can't have a bunch of RAV4-EV's on the road w/ no way to repair them.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Toyota or MB will buy them if they get into trouble. Toyota can't have a bunch of RAV4-EV's on the road w/ no way to repair them.
    That's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Toyota can write off the tiny Rav4EV population out of pocket change.

Considering what Tesla has already been through since inception, and the fact the gross margin will be much better since they manufacture most of the Model S in house (to quote Elon: "raw materials such as rolls of sheet metal enter one end of the plant and finished cars roll out the other end"). As long as they can manufacture the Model S for their projected costs, they have no issue, and the cars quality is good, and no serious issues pop up. I am confident in Tesla.

Full disclosure: I am a shareholder (long on TSLA)

Mitch

Thread Information