Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Financing options

Hybrid View

Financing options

I read from earlier posts (2011, early 2012) that there will be no financing option directly from Tesla.

Is this still true????

When you guys are signing your paperwork to finalize your Tesla, what additional deposits/payments is Tesla making you put down??? Is full payment due at delivery or at finalization of your Tesla?

Driving a Volt for now...
    Right now Pentagon Federal Credit Union has 1.49% for 60 months (and anyone can join) Why would you want to finance anywhere else? That being said, I know that Tesla is forming partnerships for internal financing, and it will be available at some point. Now leasing is a different story, and I cannot wait to hear what Tesla offers in the way of leasing options.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chmod a+wrx View Post
    I read from earlier posts (2011, early 2012) that there will be no financing option directly from Tesla.

Is this still true????

When you guys are signing your paperwork to finalize your Tesla, what additional deposits/payments is Tesla making you put down??? Is full payment due at delivery or at finalization of your Tesla?
    You can find detail here: Model S - Financing Fees

In answer to your questions: there's no direct financing from Tesla but they have teamed up with Wells Fargo to facilitate financing; further $5k upon signing the MVPA, the total $10k deposit becomes non-refundable at that point; final payment due on delivery.

NigelM-

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chmod a+wrx View Post
    NigelM-

Thanks!
    You're welcome. Note that there's a great search box on the right in the top black bar further up the page.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    You're welcome. Note that there's a great search box on the right in the top black bar further up the page.
    Yes! Thanks!

(I didn't find an answer to my second question, however.)

Just put the application in with PenFed for financing. I could only get so far into the car details since they don't have "Tesla" as a manfacturer in the drop downs. Anyone else applied with PenFed yet?
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    ----
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Model S #2112 VIN #1936
    Just to clarify for general production it is only the 5k for the deposit that becomes non-refundable. No additional funds are required when the pre-delivery MVPA is signed. At least I have not been asked for anything additional.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorweb View Post
    Just to clarify for general production it is only the 5k for the deposit that becomes non-refundable. No additional funds are required when the pre-delivery MVPA is signed. At least I have not been asked for anything additional.
    Thanks, I was mixing Sigs with GP.

Driving a Volt for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorweb View Post
    That is good info, thanks!

Thread Information