Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance / Invoice Confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Oxid8ter

Returning Member
Dec 12, 2023
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi All

After having been assigned both a VIN and Registration Number, I have been into the app where it said I have tasks - turns out Tesla want me to pay the balance of my deposit, which I have done and it is now showing as completed in my app. The issue I have is that under documents I now have a Final Invoice which is addressed to my hire purchase finance provider (Black Horse) but this invoice is for the whole value of the car minus the £200 "Booking Fee" which you pay at the time of ordering - there is no mention in this invoice of the fact that I have paid a substantial deposit, and it looks as though Tesla are asking Black Horse for the £53,290, rather than the actual balance after deposit of £18k.

Is it normal for Tesla to ignore the deposit when invoicing the finance provider or has someone, yet again, messed up somewhere? (I've had to point out mistakes 5 times so far, and counting)

Another concern I have is that I have paid my Deposit, but have still not received any documents to sign from Black Horse, only an eSign Consent letter which says that by taking out the finance via Tesla I agree to using esign. It's a bit concerning really that, this time around, it seems Tesla couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery. Service was a lot more fluid when I ordered back in 2021. Beginning to think I should have gone with a competitor instead.

I can't comment on the value of the invoice to Black Horse, but you eSign the finance agreement when you collect the car.
Thank you :)

I did end up speaking to Tesla on Live Chat and was told this is normal. Apparently they have to generate an Invoice for the full value of the car to indicate its value to both parties, but the provider will receive a separate invoice for the actual amount which they need to pay.

Hi All

After having been assigned both a VIN and Registration Number, I have been into the app where it said I have tasks - turns out Tesla want me to pay the balance of my deposit, which I have done and it is now showing as completed in my app. The issue I have is that under documents I now have a Final Invoice which is addressed to my hire purchase finance provider (Black Horse) but this invoice is for the whole value of the car minus the £200 "Booking Fee" which you pay at the time of ordering - there is no mention in this invoice of the fact that I have paid a substantial deposit, and it looks as though Tesla are asking Black Horse for the £53,290, rather than the actual balance after deposit of £18k.

Is it normal for Tesla to ignore the deposit when invoicing the finance provider or has someone, yet again, messed up somewhere? (I've had to point out mistakes 5 times so far, and counting)

Another concern I have is that I have paid my Deposit, but have still not received any documents to sign from Black Horse, only an eSign Consent letter which says that by taking out the finance via Tesla I agree to using esign. It's a bit concerning really that, this time around, it seems Tesla couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery. Service was a lot more fluid when I ordered back in 2021. Beginning to think I should have gone with a competitor instead.
If you don't mind me asking, what rate of APR did you get through Black Horse?

Following a non-fault write off I'm looking to get a MY replacement sorted quickly. After a trip to the showroom to test drive I've been informed that the 3.9% offer on the site is being replaced by a different amount following the end of December deadline, so I'm keen to understand what that new figure is before proceeding further.

If you don't mind me asking, what rate of APR did you get through Black Horse?

Following a non-fault write off I'm looking to get a MY replacement sorted quickly. After a trip to the showroom to test drive I've been informed that the 3.9% offer on the site is being replaced by a different amount following the end of December deadline, so I'm keen to understand what that new figure is before proceeding further.
I believe it is 8.9% on a Hire Purchase basis. Pretty high compared to previous years, but unfortunately it seems to be the going rate these days.

Reactions: Dpirlo
I was at Chelmsford Showroom yesterday and they were offering 3.'something'% with a £3000 deposit contribution.
Yeah, that's the MY promotional rate which was meant to expire at the end of December... A lot of people were expecting it to indicate that they wanted to clear MY's ready for a refresh model to be announced and launched as they did similar for the M3 Highland. Still all just speculation yet though, and still to be seen.

Interestingly the advertising banner across the top of the configurator for the Model Y advertising the low rate has disappeared, but the calculator still shows as 3.90%

Hey guys

I am in a similar boat and ppl at Tesla can't be bothered.

The price of new model 3 in black on the website with business PCP with 12k down, shows as 383 per month.

Happy with it, place the order, £200 non-refundable (which Tesla employee says is refundable).

Go in the app to setup finance, select Black Horse, the monthly price with same details is closer to £485.

I am like F that, way out of budget so selected CA Finance next time.

For them it is £399 which is still a discrepancy.

Guys at CA put it on an email to me saying price on Tesla's website is not accurate, our price is accurate.

I forwarded the email to Tesla, I got no response.

I feel like Tesla doesn't want to sell the car because they don't give a F.

My previous car was Seat Arona and I know the full experience at dealership.

But they answered all my questions, went through each and every line on the quote and made sure all make sense.

They didn't advertise price X to then charge price Y when it came to payment.

I hope it is a technicality somewhere that someone can explain if anyone has come across.

The excitement after the test drive of new model 3 is somewhat diminished by this experience.

Dhaval