Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure BEV Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by Duckjybe View Post
    the Volt is, like all EV's
    No. Volt != EV.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    No. Volt != EV.
    So my 23,000 grid/EV miles do not count? Same as 23,000 on a BEV.
    Last edited by scottf200; 2013-06-13 at 12:18 AM.
    My Volt plate: Hey... FAUQUE 2 ...OPEC | 34.6K EV miles and 73% EV usage
    Tesla Model X - Sig:603 / Keeping the Volt too!

No. Volt != EV.
    Let's not start that debate again. Please, even if I agree with you.
    Dr. EVS loves root beer
    Model C P30: 0 - 60 in 8.4, seats 2 + 1

No. Volt != EV.
    keep the BEV dogma in the appropriate thread
    Canadian Model S - P98 - VIN 5297: 85kWh, Dolphin Grey, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano, Twin, Parcel
    Reservation made November, 2010
    Brought home March, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by clea View Post
    keep the BEV dogma in the appropriate thread
    Sure, but if they're gonna call the Volt an EV I'm going to start calling it a gasser. I'm tired of the naming game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scottf200 View Post
    So my 23,000 grid/EV miles do not count? Same as 23,000 on a BEV.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "count". There's no catalog for prizes AFAIK.

"Same as 23,000 on an EV carrying an extra engine, transmission, etc. as luggage" perhaps.

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

No. Volt != EV.
    Do we have to go through this again? Have you even driven one? Should I re-phrase? The Volt, WHEN RUNNING ON BATTERY, like other EV's..... This is all semantics. You know what we mean. And if you don't like the Volt, so be it. But like all the Tesla bashers out there that haven't driven one, perhaps you should experience the car before judging it. This kind of EV snobbery is not good for trying to convince people to move in to an extended range battery electric (or whatever you want to call it) if it suits them better.
    P85, Blue Metallic, Pano, Spoiler, 21" silver, Black Interior, Obeche Matte, Tech, SS, Air, Rear Seats, Twin Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckjybe View Post
    And if you don't like the Volt, so be it.
    I like the Volt. I don't like the gamesmanship and political maneuvering around the naming of technologies. Call the thing what it is. Own up to it. Until then, I can't respect or trust any conversation based on false pretenses from there forward.

To be clear: I'm not referring to you here, Duckjybe. I'm referring generally to the whole FUD with naming.

Is my phone an "EV" because I can put it on vibrate and it will move across the table (slowly)? Playing games with naming doesn't help anyone with respectable intentions.

The terminology game is, in part, why people feel they have to say "100% electric" for Tesla vehicles to trigger people to think: "Wait... there are < 100% electric vehicles, what in the world does that mean?" WITW indeed.
    Last edited by brianman; 2013-06-13 at 02:34 PM. Reason: cleaned up acronym in last paragraph

Volt owners keep missing the point. It has nothing to do with not liking the Volt or the capabilities of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    Volt owners keep missing the point. It has nothing to do with not liking the Volt or the capabilities of the vehicle.
    Apparently some do.

• "Your wife is a brunette, not a blonde."
    • "Why do you think my wife is ugly?"
    • /facepalm
    • "You just said..."
    • "You're right. She's ugly. And she deserves a smarter husband."

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    It sure seems like you don't respect the Volt given you seem to be discounting its ability to drive like an EV. But ok.

I like the Volt. I don't like the gamesmanship and political maneuvering around the naming of technologies. Call the thing what it is. Own up to it. Until then, I can't respect or trust any conversation based on false pretenses from there forward.

Fair enough. I changed the wording in my post slightly. I am not trying to spread false pre-tenses just describing the merits of electric drive on the Volt. FWIW I do call the Volt a hybrid when describing it to friends - one that can drive like an EV when running on battery. Hope thats ok with the "EV language police".
    P85, Blue Metallic, Pano, Spoiler, 21" silver, Black Interior, Obeche Matte, Tech, SS, Air, Rear Seats, Twin Chargers.

Thread Information