Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's door can't open from outside..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experience this before?
Walk to the car, it unlocked with all door handle extended. But when I pull the handle on the driver side. It just can't open and I need to get in the car from other door then open from inside. Seems some parts not working...... Need to go back for repairing again.....:cursing::cursing:

Anyone experience this before?
Walk to the car, it unlocked with all door handle extended. But when I pull the handle on the driver side. It just can't open and I need to get in the car from other door then open from inside. Seems some parts not working...... Need to go back for repairing again.....:cursing::cursing:

tesla door handle is work by sensors instead of mechanical unlocking, so properly sensor problems and suggest you to call service directly

I had this issue as well. It's actually a small micro switch near the front of the door handle assembly. Mine was intermittent. Had the whole door handle replaced. If I had known the switch was toward the front of the handle I would have tried pulling it more from there. Not sure if the switch was bad or if it was just not getting the amount of travel it needed to activate.

Just a quick update and share my experience with others. I do call the service center on Tuesday and thought no one will answer during the holiday but actually the line goes through quite well (actually I left a message and they call back within the same day). After I told the problem to the CS and they said will wait till Thursday for the repair center come back to me. On Thursday morning 9:30am, they call me already and said I can drive to the center immediately for fixing the door for me (may be is CNY time and they are not that busy). I also told them I got another problem on my 12V cigarette outlet which already scheduled to repair in mid Mar. The repair center fixed all these in a day time and I just get back the car this afternoon. As usual, they also get my car charged, washed and vacuumed. I don't mean this is any kind of excellent service but just reasonable to fix a customer problem. I set a low expectation with them but lucky to be served well. I am lucky in the year of Monkey :biggrin:!

PS. by the way, discuss with the CS and they admitted that the fuse box is actually located under the driving wheel (not in the front of the trunk). That's why I can't replaced the blown fuse for the 12V outlet.